Main Menu

Akinator

Started by Martinus, November 05, 2011, 04:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Thinking Trotsky

Vlad Tepes after 20
Stalin after 30
Trotsky after 36 questions. The last two were "Does your character have round glasses - Yes", "Was your character murdered - yes".
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 08, 2011, 03:01:00 PM
Guessed Keynes in 20.

Failed on: Piero Sraffa (guessed Gramsci which is sort of close); Joan Robinson (way off on all guesses); and Hyman Minsky (guessed Murary Rothbard(!) and Paul Samuelson).

Well I'll be, it did guess Freidrich Hayek after guessing George Orwell for some odd reason.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on November 08, 2011, 03:06:27 PM
they got Herman Cain in 43 after guessing Obama and Colin Powell.

How do you get him not to give up after 40?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

frunk

It depends on how long the query chain is to arrive at the closest (in its mind) wrong answer.  If the chain is already maxed out it won't bother asking more questions, since it wouldn't know what to ask.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2011, 03:12:03 PM
Well I'll be, it did guess Freidrich Hayek after guessing George Orwell for some odd reason.

Hayek won a Nobel - i think it has all of the winners in there.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 08, 2011, 03:36:51 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2011, 03:12:03 PM

Hayek won a Nobel - i think it has all of the winners in there.

Makes sense.  It was floundering around until it asked if my guy had won a Nobel.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

Except . . .
did not recognize Gunnar Myrdal, who co-won with Hayek.

Hilariously guessed Ludwig von Mises and Vidkun Quisling.   (Myrdal was famously leftist).
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 08, 2011, 03:43:26 PM
Except . . .
did not recognize Gunnar Myrdal, who co-won with Hayek.

Hilariously guessed Ludwig von Mises and Vidkun Quisling.   (Myrdal was famously leftist).

:lol:  I often confuse Austrians, and Fascists.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Didn't get Nostromo. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.