News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

First snow of the year

Started by grumbler, October 29, 2011, 11:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Damn mess. I was out Saturday night and I could hear the snap and crack of trees falling down.  Haven't had power since some time around Saturday too.  Didn't get much snow, but I wonder if we had gotten the foot of snow instead of the two inches of ice if things wouldn't have gone btter.
PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: KRonn on October 30, 2011, 02:19:26 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2011, 11:53:41 AM
Been a warm fall here.  Most of the leaves are on the trees still.  I've noticed this happening more and more as the years go by.  When I was a kid the leaves were off the trees a week before Halloween.  Also there are armadillos here now.  I know those didn't live in the area twenty years ago.  Al Gore was right. :ph34r:
We've had a return of coyotes here for some years now, probably over twenty now, long time. I saw coyote tracks in my backyard in the snow; pretty sure they were, as the prints all follow in a straight line. I don't think dog prints follow each other. I've seen those tracks before though, and seen coyotes. And this is a heavily populated area just southwest of Boston.

I'll start panicking when I start seeing alligators.  http://www.kmbc.com/news/28107951/detail.html  The police in Missouri may have trouble with one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Razgovory on October 31, 2011, 08:15:21 AM
Quote from: KRonn on October 30, 2011, 02:19:26 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2011, 11:53:41 AM
Been a warm fall here.  Most of the leaves are on the trees still.  I've noticed this happening more and more as the years go by.  When I was a kid the leaves were off the trees a week before Halloween.  Also there are armadillos here now.  I know those didn't live in the area twenty years ago.  Al Gore was right. :ph34r:
We've had a return of coyotes here for some years now, probably over twenty now, long time. I saw coyote tracks in my backyard in the snow; pretty sure they were, as the prints all follow in a straight line. I don't think dog prints follow each other. I've seen those tracks before though, and seen coyotes. And this is a heavily populated area just southwest of Boston.

I'll start panicking when I start seeing alligators.  http://www.kmbc.com/news/28107951/detail.html  The police in Missouri may have trouble with one.

The police are going to be in real trouble tonight when ghosts and monsters start roaming the streets in search of candy.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

"Police tasered and apprehended nearly 20 ghosts this evening, and three suspected super villains.  More on this story at 10".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Caliga

We just had our first snow of the year.  There's a light dusting in parts of my yard that are shaded.  SOMEONE BOOK ME TICKETS TO CLEARWATER POSTHASTE, I'M OUTTA HERE. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HVC

No real snow here. jsut a few dusting since winter started. We jsut entered a severe cold warning for the next few days though.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

We are still waiting for a true first snow of the year (we had maybe two days in December when it snowed for an hour or so but was gone by the end of the day).

This is most unusual - normally, in Poland you could get snow as early as Halloween. Anyone who thinks the global warming is not happening is delusional.

Razgovory

It's been unseasonably warm so far.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on January 02, 2012, 11:54:35 AM
We just had our first snow of the year.  There's a light dusting in parts of my yard that are shaded.  SOMEONE BOOK ME TICKETS TO CLEARWATER POSTHASTE, I'M OUTTA HERE. :mad:

Everybody is acting insane here. OMG! TEH ROADS!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on January 02, 2012, 12:42:33 PM
It's been unseasonably warm so far.

Figures, this being the end of the world year and all.

CountDeMoney

Guys, I bought a Jeep Wrangler this year.  I have ensured that the eastern seaboard will not see any accumulation until 2015.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 02, 2012, 08:44:45 PM
Guys, I bought a Jeep Wrangler this year.  I have ensured that the eastern seaboard will not see any accumulation until 2015.

It alone is probably accounting for a not inconsiderable local CO2 induced warming.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on January 02, 2012, 09:06:27 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 02, 2012, 08:44:45 PM

It alone is probably accounting for a not inconsiderable local CO2 induced warming.  :P

Fuck the ozone.  I need to drive over entire families of black people.

Ed Anger

Damn right. My Grand Cherokee needs to be able to get to taco bell in the middle of a snowstorm.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 02, 2012, 09:16:30 PM
Damn right. My Grand Cherokee needs to be able to get to taco bell in the middle of a snowstorm.

Do the taco bell employees have 4-wheel drives ?  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"