American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2014, 07:23:03 PM
:rolleyes: Like I'd really do that.

I'm more of a Mauser open carry man anyway.

Better.

I'd like to see the reaction of folks if I carry my SKS openly. Not the reaction of 10 cops blasting me to hell.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2014, 07:28:06 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2014, 12:15:53 PM
They came out with this policy just about a month after this happened:

*pic of morons*

Now see, that's not exercising your 2nd Amendment rights--that's exceeding your constitutional authority to be a complete and total fucking moron.

The thing about America is that, in our great society, we don't roll like that is because we don't have to.  We don't have to worry about watching our asses taking the kids to school because of settlements, or worry about some other neighboring tribe deciding that today is the day to go all ethnic cleansing on us, rebels crossing the border to shoot shit up, or worry about another religion's zealots boating in and shooting up our favorite resorts.  This isn't the West Bank, Rwanda, or India.  The ability--the privilege--to not have walk around like that isn't un-American, it's completely American.

There's exercising your 2nd amendment rights, and then there's what Skeeter, Uncle Cletus and the rest of the 12th Creepy Ass Cracker Vol. Inf. (Derspiess' Brigade, "The Fightin' Fetuses") are doing, carrying the issue to a wholly illogical and psychotic extreme for the simple sake of extremism.  I do not see a single negro, Jew, union member, immigrant of non-European origin, Bangladeshi UN peacekeeper, federal employee or any other individual in that photo that presents a clear and present danger to those idiots to the point that long arms are necessary to pick up some Oreos on their way to take back America from wherever the fuck they think it went.  And they're not even Double Stuf.  Jesus H. Christ.

Even though seedy is on to something here.

Also, in (unarmed) defense of America, I will point out that the one guy is wearing a Toronto Raptors hat. These could be Canadians. If they aren't, front running the Toronto Raptors of all teams shows their idiocy extends beyond guns and general Wal Mart clientele. Also, look how interested the guy is reading the Oreo box. He is also posing with the Oreo box. A security guard sniping this guy would be justified on the grounds of putting someone out of his misery.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

He could be wanting to make cookies and cream ice cream, the ice cream of kings and emperors.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2014, 08:46:59 PM
Obviously just tanned.  False positive.

The guy on the far left has just been tanning? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2014, 09:30:14 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2014, 08:46:59 PM
Obviously just tanned.  False positive.

The guy on the far left has just been tanning? :unsure:

I don't see skin color.

Valmy

Tarrant County?  The Metroplex really is a hive of scum and villainy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on July 03, 2014, 09:24:03 AM

Funny around here the Tarrants are some rather expensive country villages; few locals could ever afford to move there. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Valmy on July 03, 2014, 09:24:03 AM

Yeah, I shoulda figured it was those nutters.

11B4V

Natural selection at work. :P

QuoteGuy Kills Buddy Wearing Bulletproof Vest

(Newser) – Ready, aim—shoot and kill a friend who's wearing a bullet-proof vest. Police say that very tragedy unfolded in Baltimore on Wednesday when Mark Ramiro, 30, shot Darnell Mitchell, 28, with a .22-caliber bullet, Reuters reports. A third friend apparently recorded Mitchell on video boasting that he was going to take a "deuce deuce in the chest" to test his bulletproof vest. But Ramiro aimed too high, the video ended, and Mitchell was later pronounced dead at a hospital. Ramiro now faces first- and second-degree murder along with two gun charges, the Baltimore Sun reports. Why first-degree? A veteran defense attorney told WBAL-TV that he questioned the charge, but added, "Premeditation—this computer (points toward the brain) works very rapidly. Premeditation can happen in a split, split second."

http://www.newser.com/story/191196/buddy-kills-guy-wearing-bulletproof-vest.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=united&utm_campaign=rss_topnews
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

You're late to heeling, Quick Draw McGraw. Already posted in the OTT.

11B4V

It doesnt belong there..... Mod. Neither does this.

Judge Strikes Down DC Handgun Ban
Says ban on guns outside the home violates Second Amendment

(Newser) – The District of Columbia's ban on carrying handguns outside the home is unconstitutional, a federal judge has ruled. In a 19-page ruling made public yesterday, US District Judge Frederick J. Scullin concluded that the Second Amendment gives people the right to carry a gun outside the home for self-defense. The lawsuit challenging the city's ban on carrying handguns outside the home was filed in 2009, shortly after the city rewrote its gun laws following a landmark Supreme Court decision that struck down the city's 32-year-old ban on handguns in 2008.

New rules allowed residents to keep guns in their homes but required that they be registered. Gun owners now have to take a safety class, be photographed and fingerprinted, and re-register their weapons every three years. In finding the city's ban unconstitutional, Scullin cited two Supreme Court cases, including the 2008 case that struck down the city's handgun ban and a 2010 case involving Chicago's handgun ban. Scullin wrote that "there is no longer any basis on which this court can conclude that the District of Columbia's total ban on the public carrying of ready-to-use handguns outside the home is constitutional under any level of scrutiny." A spokesman for the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, which defended the city's ban, said the city is studying its options. Those include appealing the judge's ruling but also asking the judge to stop his ruling from going into effect during any appeal.

http://www.newser.com/story/191567/judge-strikes-down-dc-handgun-ban.html
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

I think the U.S. missed their opportunity to have some semblance of sensible gun control. IMHO it would make sense to have a regimen similar to getting a diver's license. Have a curriculum, plus a test that covers your knowledge of technical, legal and safety topics and a basic practical test.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Considering the quality of drivers around here, I don't think such a regime would do much. :P

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on July 27, 2014, 12:42:21 PM
I think the U.S. missed their opportunity to have some semblance of sensible gun control. IMHO it would make sense to have a regimen similar to getting a diver's license. Have a curriculum, plus a test that covers your knowledge of technical, legal and safety topics and a basic practical test.

That works for Germany, and I'm sure that scratches that itch to have some sort of licensing regime in place along with the requisite bureaucracy :P

But over here the concern is that such a system might be used to unfairly deny people their 2nd amendment rights. Sort of like the poll taxes, literacy tests, etc. were used to deny voting rights.

I'll admit it sounds reasonable in theory, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I assume the Germans have everything in triplicate, with all appropriate stamps and seals.