American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 30, 2014, 11:58:34 AM
Lulz, "Ovens & Showers", oops

With "Bolts and Jews" as your base game and "Ovens and Showers" as the add-on, you have a winner. Start a game page on BGG and CSW.... :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/us-retailer-target-asks-customers-not-bring-guns-155908683.html

QuoteGiant US retailer Target -- the store with the bull's-eye as a logo -- says it does not want customers running around its shops carrying guns, even if it is legal.

Target announced Wednesday it would "respectfully request" shoppers not to bring firearms into its stores, "to create an atmosphere that is safe and inviting for our guests and team members."

With 44 of the 50 US states permitting people to openly carry handguns day-to-day, interim chief executive John Mulligan said in a statement that Target, which has nearly 1,800 stores in the United States, seeks to adhere to local regulations.

"But starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target -- even in communities where it is permitted by law."

"We've listened carefully to the nuances of this debate and respect the protected rights of everyone involved," he said.

"This is a complicated issue, but it boils down to a simple belief: Bringing firearms to Target creates an environment that is at odds with the family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create."

The move made Target the country's largest retailer to attempt to ban guns. It did not say how it would deal with shoppers legally carrying handguns who want to enter a store.

But it comes amid a surge in concern over the availability of handguns across the country -- as well backlash from those supporting looser gun laws -- after a number of mass shootings in public areas.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Non-issue, as all issues involving guns are. 
Besides, Dumbfuckistanis who pack probably go to Wal-Mart anyway.

derspiess

Thinking of open-carrying my Mosin Nagant M44 this weekend to celebrate mah freedoms.  What do you guys think-- bayonet out or retracted?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Definitely out.  That way, when you accidentally shoot your dumb ass by accident, you can follow it up with a sharps wound.

derspiess

:rolleyes:  I'll only be shooting up in the air. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2014, 11:47:59 AM
Non-issue, as all issues involving guns are. 
Besides, Dumbfuckistanis who pack probably go to Wal-Mart anyway.

They came out with this policy just about a month after this happened:

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2014, 11:51:06 AM
Thinking of open-carrying my Mosin Nagant M44 this weekend to celebrate mah freedoms.  What do you guys think-- bayonet out or retracted?

Ugh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

:rolleyes: Like I'd really do that.

I'm more of a Mauser open carry man anyway.

Caliga

I don't even own a regular holster, as I don't see the point in open carrying (on the very rare occasions when I carry at all).  MAH ELEMENT OF SURPRISE
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2014, 12:15:53 PM
They came out with this policy just about a month after this happened:

*pic of morons*

Now see, that's not exercising your 2nd Amendment rights--that's exceeding your constitutional authority to be a complete and total fucking moron.

The thing about America is that, in our great society, we don't roll like that is because we don't have to.  We don't have to worry about watching our asses taking the kids to school because of settlements, or worry about some other neighboring tribe deciding that today is the day to go all ethnic cleansing on us, rebels crossing the border to shoot shit up, or worry about another religion's zealots boating in and shooting up our favorite resorts.  This isn't the West Bank, Rwanda, or India.  The ability--the privilege--to not have walk around like that isn't un-American, it's completely American.

There's exercising your 2nd amendment rights, and then there's what Skeeter, Uncle Cletus and the rest of the 12th Creepy Ass Cracker Vol. Inf. (Derspiess' Brigade, "The Fightin' Fetuses") are doing, carrying the issue to a wholly illogical and psychotic extreme for the simple sake of extremism.  I do not see a single negro, Jew, union member, immigrant of non-European origin, Bangladeshi UN peacekeeper, federal employee or any other individual in that photo that presents a clear and present danger to those idiots to the point that long arms are necessary to pick up some Oreos on their way to take back America from wherever the fuck they think it went.  And they're not even Double Stuf.  Jesus H. Christ.

garbon

What about the brown guy looking at kids toys? Is that enough of a clear and present danger?

CountDeMoney

Obviously just tanned.  False positive.