News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

The last few pages have provided a useful lesson in the different approaches one can take if the goal is to affect policy or to feel morally and intellectually superior.

CountDeMoney

a gun in your hand makes a fool out of you, oh yeah
a gun in your hand makes a target out of me, oh no
freedom, you ain't no freedom, you want your freedom,
your freedom is killing you man, freedom
you can't handle your freedom

--Henry Rollins

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on March 30, 2014, 11:16:07 AM
:yawn:

Yawning doesn't do anything for the debate.  Oh wait, it's about guns; so there's no debate at all.   :P

Ed Anger

Ugh, Henry Rollins. Makes me want to buy a gun.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Loverboy?   :mad:

See, this is why society can't have so many guns.  I'd shoot you down for that one.

Ed Anger

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 30, 2014, 01:27:58 PM

Yawning doesn't do anything for the debate.  Oh wait, it's about guns; so there's no debate at all.   :P

What's not to like about this Sparky? Makes you want to go all Spanish/American War on some beaners.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Sadly, America's youth only know "the Rough Riders" as a condom brand.   :(

11B4V

katmai

Quote from: 11B4V on March 30, 2014, 03:52:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 30, 2014, 01:27:58 PM

What's not to like about this Sparky? Makes you want to go all Spanish/American War on some beaners.

<_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on March 30, 2014, 01:19:15 AM
Quote3. Skeptics of expansive gun rights need to respond intelligently. The smart response is not scorn or exaggeration. For better or worse, gun ownership has come to symbolize a range of deeply felt ideas about culture and government authority. Making fun of people who view their firearms as emblems of liberty and traditional values (however they define those values) will neither change minds nor repeal legislation.

I believe this was brought up a hundred or so pages ago in this thread.
:hmm: Sometimes you state the truth because it's the truth, not because you want to accomplish something by stating it.

LaCroix

i don't care about guns, and realize they're here to stay. but what i find odd is how creepy some people can be around guns. i mean, i've known people who refuse to admit anything negative about guns. like being unable to admit even basic facts, such as guns being inherently dangerous. or refusing to consider completely fictional scenarios where guns should be banned, no matter the hypothetical. it's just kind of weird