Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2012, 10:09:26 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 12, 2012, 08:53:33 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2012, 08:29:52 PM
The pride of S. Korea - The Daewoo USAS 12 Automatic Shotgun

Totally OP in BF3, even after the nerf.
In what way? Range? Stopping power?

ROF is obscene, so its medium accuracy is still quite a bit overdone. Great stopping power, though.  It's a fucking jackhammer close-in.

But before the patch, using slug rounds + USAS12 made it an insanely outrageous sniper weapon.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: 11B4V on June 12, 2012, 09:23:10 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2012, 07:37:08 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 11, 2012, 04:12:07 PM
I took delivery of my Mossberg 500 Cruiser 12 Gauge "Breacher".

320 bucks or so. It has been named "Melissa". She has been promoted to 1st line home defense.

As for the 'why? comments:

You should order one of those replica 1928A Tommy Guns, complete with custom violin case.  :cool:

A semi auto Tommy Gun is like a hot chick with little titties
That's the problem with any cool gun that's normally fully automatic though.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 12, 2012, 10:41:52 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2012, 10:09:26 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 12, 2012, 08:53:33 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2012, 08:29:52 PM
The pride of S. Korea - The Daewoo USAS 12 Automatic Shotgun

Totally OP in BF3, even after the nerf.
In what way? Range? Stopping power?

ROF is obscene, so its medium accuracy is still quite a bit overdone. Great stopping power, though.  It's a fucking jackhammer close-in.

But before the patch, using slug rounds + USAS12 made it an insanely outrageous sniper weapon.
Watched a couple of clips of this being fired on youtube and it had shockingly little recoil for such a large automatic weapon.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on June 12, 2012, 09:23:10 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2012, 07:37:08 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 11, 2012, 04:12:07 PM
I took delivery of my Mossberg 500 Cruiser 12 Gauge "Breacher".

320 bucks or so. It has been named "Melissa". She has been promoted to 1st line home defense.

As for the 'why? comments:

You should order one of those replica 1928A Tommy Guns, complete with custom violin case.  :cool:

A semi auto Tommy Gun is like a hot chick with little titties

And Assburgers boy doesn't understand why I got a shotgun.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

A semiautomatic Thompson should do just fine for home defense.

1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 13, 2012, 01:03:16 AM

Nah, I'd say AKs and AR-pattern rifles are just about as fun to shoot in semi-auto as they are full-auto.

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 13, 2012, 06:11:31 PM

It'd be okay, but frankly I'd rather just go with a 1911-type pistol instead-- same caliber and much easier to handle/maneuver in cramped quarters.  A semi-auto Thompson is going to have to have a goofy-looking 16" barrel to be legal (or you gotta pay extra $$ for an ATF stamp to register it as a short-barelled rifle).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on June 13, 2012, 07:05:31 PM

Nah, I'd say AKs and AR-pattern rifles are just about as fun to shoot in semi-auto as they are full-auto.

It'd be okay, but frankly I'd rather just go with a 1911-type pistol instead-- same caliber and much easier to handle/maneuver in cramped quarters.  A semi-auto Thompson is going to have to have a goofy-looking 16" barrel to be legal (or you gotta pay extra $$ for an ATF stamp to register it as a short-barelled rifle).
Can't gun down a howling mob with a 7 shot magazine, a 50 round drum on the other hand.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 13, 2012, 10:49:48 PM

Can't gun down a howling mob with a 7 shot magazine, a 50 round drum on the other hand.

God bless America.  :)

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 13, 2012, 11:01:15 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 13, 2012, 10:49:48 PM

God bless America.  :)

Now that just looks retarded.

A Tommy gun on the other hand looks so retro-future it hurts. The 1928 may be the most beautiful gun ever made.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valdemar

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".