News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Took the Beretta to the range today.  Not a single misfire (though I only put 45 rounds through it). :cool:

I guess leaving the slide locked open for a while made all the difference. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

Ok, so since I'm certain I'm going to keep the Beretta long-term now, it's time to get a holster for it.  I'm thinking IWB and at this point Blackhawk Serpa or Crossbreed Supertuck.  Hickok45 likes both of those and I've seen lots of positive reviews on Beretta forums.  Anybody have any advice on this?

11B4V

I'm not a fan of that type holster that goes inside the pants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3oPw1WCYpU

Best thing to do is go to a store that has a butt load of holsters and start trying out.

Here's a good website to browse.
http://www.midwayusa.com/find?&sortby=1&itemsperpage=20&newcategorydimensionid=14060

Here's what I prefer when packin heat

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

They sell a ton of holsters at the local range but alas none fitted for the PX4 Storm. :(  If I had a Glock I probably would have picked one up there.

11B4V

Samething I went through with the Browning Pro-9 above. It was trial and error to find a holster.

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 08, 2012, 08:22:05 PM
I'm not a fan of that type holster that goes inside the pants.

Never was, either.  Pancake holsters can be a pain sitting in a car for long periods of time.

derspiess

Got my 20" AR M16A3-type upper last week.  Pinned it to that polymer LW15 lower I bought a while back.  Still need to get my carry handle to attach to the flat top so I can actually, you know, have a rear sight. 

The polymer lower is so lightweight, the weight is a bit off-balance toward the front.  So I'll eventually put together an aluminum lower to use with this and use a fixed A2-style stock, but the polymer lower will do for now.  Here's how it looks so far.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 11, 2012, 04:12:07 PM
I took delivery of my Mossberg 500 Cruiser 12 Gauge "Breacher".

320 bucks or so. It has been named "Melissa". She has been promoted to 1st line home defense.

As for the 'why? comments:

You should order one of those replica 1928A Tommy Guns, complete with custom violin case.  :cool:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

The pride of S. Korea - The Daewoo USAS 12 Automatic Shotgun

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2012, 08:29:52 PM

Totally OP in BF3, even after the nerf.

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2012, 07:37:08 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 11, 2012, 04:12:07 PM
I took delivery of my Mossberg 500 Cruiser 12 Gauge "Breacher".

320 bucks or so. It has been named "Melissa". She has been promoted to 1st line home defense.

As for the 'why? comments:

You should order one of those replica 1928A Tommy Guns, complete with custom violin case.  :cool:

A semi auto Tommy Gun is like a hot chick with little titties

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2012, 07:23:02 PM
Got my 20" AR M16A3-type upper last week.  Pinned it to that polymer LW15 lower I bought a while back.  Still need to get my carry handle to attach to the flat top so I can actually, you know, have a rear sight. 

The polymer lower is so lightweight, the weight is a bit off-balance toward the front.  So I'll eventually put together an aluminum lower to use with this and use a fixed A2-style stock, but the polymer lower will do for now.  Here's how it looks so far.

:thumbsup:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 12, 2012, 08:53:33 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2012, 08:29:52 PM

Totally OP in BF3, even after the nerf.
In what way? Range? Stopping power?

1 Karma Chameleon point