American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I always figured Meri would defend herself from marauding Trump militiamen with her bow.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2017, 10:55:43 AM
I always figured Meri would defend herself from marauding Trump militiamen with her bow.

Her bug out bag will be some nice tasty loot after the Apocalypse.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Slingshot filled with whorepills and diaphragms, with ninja star IUDs.
AND LO, THE PHILISTINE WAS SMOTE WITH RESPONSIBLE BIRTCH CONTROL PLANNING

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 04, 2017, 11:19:55 AM

Slingshot filled with whorepills and diaphragms, with ninja star IUDs.
AND LO, THE PHILISTINE WAS SMOTE WITH RESPONSIBLE BIRTCH CONTROL PLANNING

That's beautiful man.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

That it is, Valmy.  When Seedy's on, he's on.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Save throw against Dalkon Shield +5 fails
Use Boots of Escaping

Razgovory

Missouri now has a stand your ground law.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Quote from: dps on January 04, 2017, 10:39:52 AM
Quote from: merithyn on January 03, 2017, 11:24:29 PM
I applied for my FOID card. Should get it in a couple of weeks.

What sort of firearm are you planning on getting (or already own in violation of Illinois law)?

I've always wanted to learn how to hunt, so I'd like to get a shotgun at some point. Beyond that, I won't be buying anything without a whole lot of practice at a gun range, which requires a FOID card. Guns terrify me, and I don't like that. I want to learn how to be safe with them, how to use them, and how to be around them without feeling abject terror in the pit of my stomach.

It feels like a reasonable and responsible thing to do.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

[haiku]
guns terrify you
but yet, you want to go hunt
things guns terrify
[/haiku]

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 04, 2017, 06:21:03 PM
[haiku]
guns terrify you
things guns terrify
[/haiku]

Given that where I live deer are as ubiquitous as rats in New York City, hunting here is beneficial to the ecology of the area. Better than killing the deer with a car, which is pretty much the alternative. Plus, I dress and eat the animal. I even use the skin to make leather.

11B4V

Don't bring a bow to a gun fight.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on January 04, 2017, 06:27:10 PM
[haiku]
guns terrify you
things guns terrify
[/haiku]

Given that where I live deer are as ubiquitous as rats in New York City, hunting here is beneficial to the ecology of the area. Better than killing the deer with a car, which is pretty much the alternative. Plus, I dress and eat the animal. I even use the skin to make leather.

Go sell your bloodlust elsewhere, we're all stocked up here, Merithyn.  OR SHOULD I SAY: MURDERTHYN

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 04, 2017, 07:38:12 PM
Quote from: merithyn on January 04, 2017, 06:27:10 PM
[haiku]
guns terrify you
things guns terrify
[/haiku]

Go sell your bloodlust elsewhere, we're all stocked up here, Merithyn.  OR SHOULD I SAY: MURDERTHYN

Guns are dangerous.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 04, 2017, 07:38:12 PM

CountDeMoney

Congrats.  How does it feel knowing Ed is masturbating to that pic at this very moment?