American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Sheesh, and it's not like the guy lived on a secluded compound...it's pretty much town/row houses there.

jimmy olsen

This just got way weirder! :blink:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/07/23/jeffrey_alan_lash_los_angeles_late_man_s_common_law_wife_left_him_dead_in.html
QuoteA wealthy-seeming man who was about 60 years old died in a nice part of Southern California (Pacific Palisades in L.A., specifically). That's the normal part of this story. Everything else is not normal.

The man's body was found decomposing in a parked car.

No one initially could figure out who he was.

When he was tentatively identified, police found 1,200 guns and FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS  OF AMMUNITION in a home belonging to his fiancée, who says she was together with the man—named Jeffrey Alan Lash—for 17 years and that she believed he was a secret agent.

There are 14 vehicles registered to Lash, including one that can drive underwater.

He also had $230,000 in cash.

Lash's fiancée, Catherine Nebron, was with him when he died, in the parking lot of a grocery store, and she parked his body on a street and left because he told her one of the secret agencies he worked for would pick him up.

Then she went to Oregon with her friends.

The L.A. Times reached a woman named Shirley Anderson, the "longtime partner of Lash's late father," who said that the elder Lash owned a medical laboratory and that Jeffrey Lash attended UCLA in the 1980s but dropped out and, thereafter, never told Anderson or his father where he lived or what his phone number was.

Police say Jeffrey Lash had cancer when he died, though he told his fiancée/common-law wife that he was sick because he had been exposed to nerve-damaging chemicals during a mission.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 23, 2015, 08:22:48 PM
Will they make it a movie?

If so, needs to star Owen Wilson.  He can basically do his Bottle Rocket role over again.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Florida takes their shoot first, ask questions later law out for another spin.

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-man-shot-theatergoer-texting-invoke-stand-ground-124807512.html

QuoteMr. Reeves was arrested for the fatal shooting of Chad Oulson in January 2014. Police say Mr. Oulson threw his bag of popcorn in Reeves' face after the former captain criticized him for texting. Reeves responded by pulling out his gun and shooting Oulson in the chest, according to law enforcement. A bullet also grazed Oulson's wife, Nicole.

"I think we have a pretty solid stand your ground case," Richard Escobar, Reeves' attorney, told the Tampa Bay Times.

What is crazy about this is that his lawyer is probably right. The law is so vague and ridiculous, that having popcorn thrown at you is probably, under Florida law, a reasonable threat that justifies killing someone.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

lustindarkness

Popcorn to the face is a lethal weapon? Nice.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

This thread reminds me that I need to get to the range. Thanks Berk!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

I will find out more tonight (at a costume stock the bar party :bleeding:) that for a friends' bachelor party we will go on a hog hunt (payback for that 4 OT football game). :thumbsup:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 30, 2015, 09:44:45 AM
Popcorn to the face is a lethal weapon? Nice.

It's the unpopped bits at the bottom that are truly deadly.  :( Like buckshot, they are.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 30, 2015, 09:46:38 AM

You have to be ready for whenever you have the urge to throw popcorn at some asshole.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on October 30, 2015, 08:52:17 AM
Florida takes their shoot first, ask questions later law out for another spin.

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-man-shot-theatergoer-texting-invoke-stand-ground-124807512.html

QuoteMr. Reeves was arrested for the fatal shooting of Chad Oulson in January 2014. Police say Mr. Oulson threw his bag of popcorn in Reeves' face after the former captain criticized him for texting. Reeves responded by pulling out his gun and shooting Oulson in the chest, according to law enforcement. A bullet also grazed Oulson's wife, Nicole.

"I think we have a pretty solid stand your ground case," Richard Escobar, Reeves' attorney, told the Tampa Bay Times.

What is crazy about this is that his lawyer is probably right. The law is so vague and ridiculous, that having popcorn thrown at you is probably, under Florida law, a reasonable threat that justifies killing someone.

It will sink soon.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2015, 10:08:05 AM

You have to be ready for whenever you have the urge to throw popcorn at some asshole.

Always have my CCW ready.  :ph34r:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

because a lot of crazy people have guns, you don't want to be the only crazy without one?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.