Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: katmai on July 04, 2015, 07:44:33 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 04, 2015, 07:27:33 PM
I'm surprised by Hawaii. :hmm:

Yeah that was one eye opening to me.

Pearl Harbor could be hit at any moment you know.

Valmy

For all of Texas' reputation we do not even have that high of a percentage. What is up with those peaceniks in Nebraska?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: Valmy on July 05, 2015, 01:07:48 PM
For all of Texas' reputation we do not even have that high of a percentage. What is up with those peaceniks in Nebraska?

Maybe there's no reason to have a gun there, 'cause everybody in the state would be a waste of ammo anyway?

Ed Anger

I have formally retired my .38 and Walther PPK from CCW use.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Holy crap! :o

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/More-Than-1200-Guns-2-Tons-of-Ammo-Seized-From-West-LA-Home-317730131.html

QuoteLAPD finds 1,200 guns, two tons of ammo in dead man's Pacific Palisades home

By Kate Mather

It wasn't what police expected to find when they searched a man's Pacific Palisades home last week.

More than 1,200 guns were strewn about the Palisades Drive house and garage, police said. The weapons ranged from high-end pistols to shotguns and rifles. Many had never been fired. Some were still wrapped in their boxes, with the price tags still attached.

It was a "staggering number of guns," said LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith. Police also found roughly two tons of ammunition.

"Our truck couldn't carry it all," Smith said. "We had to go back and make another trip."

The unusual discovery came as police investigated the death of the man, whose decomposing body was found in a car parked down the street from his home.

Although the LAPD's elite Robbery-Homicide Division detectives were initially called to handle the case, Smith said, they determined there were no signs of foul play and are not investigating the death as a homicide.

Coroner's officials said Monday evening that the man had not yet been identified and that they still have not determined how he died.

Detectives are also trying to find out why the man had so many guns. Smith said there were no initial indications that the man had a criminal motive, no signs he was smuggling the weapons or plotting any sort of attack.

But, Smith said, the LAPD's gun detail will examine each of the weapons to determine whether they have been linked to any crime.

"We have a lot of work to do," he said. "Running the background, history and legality of these weapons is going to require a tremendous amount of time."

"It's not a crime to have a large number of weapons so long as they were legal to own and legally obtained," Smith said "We want to make sure that's the case."

Follow @katemather for more LAPD news.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Maybe he was trying to equip his own mercenary band.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

Whatever happened with the rancher who refused to pay Los Federales for use of the land (or was it water) who raised armed sympathizers?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

He told us to go home to our families after the news cameras were gone.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

derspiess

Talk about some amazing cookouts, though.  Hoo-boy :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.