American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 12:53:16 PM
My neighbors are good peeps.  I have a retired cop on one side and an ER doc on the other.

And I'm sure their kids go to school where they belong.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2013, 12:56:26 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 12:53:16 PM
My neighbors are good peeps.  I have a retired cop on one side and an ER doc on the other.

And I'm sure their kids go to school where they belong.

Correct.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 12:11:08 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 30, 2013, 11:35:15 AM
I went shootin' this morning. Burned off about 300 rounds of 7.62 ammo and about 100 9mm rounds.

Felt much better afterwards. Great stress relief.  :)

Did you have a bench rest fitted to your Rascal? :P

Plus had no Cal like mishaps.  MAH SIGHTS FELL OFF

:lol:  I had my red dot sight come loose last time I was out and couldn't figure out why I couldn't hold zero.  I blamed the ammo, then the heavier trigger spring I installed, and then finally got a clue when the scope mount was wobbling.  I had tightened it with a 1/2" wrench but didn't bother snugging it 3 times per the manual.

One of the4se days I need to get the M4 AP mounted.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on April 30, 2013, 01:15:00 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 12:11:08 PM
I went shootin' this morning. Burned off about 300 rounds of 7.62 ammo and about 100 9mm rounds.

Felt much better afterwards. Great stress relief.  :)

Did you have a bench rest fitted to your Rascal? :P

:lol:  I had my red dot sight come loose last time I was out and couldn't figure out why I couldn't hold zero.  I blamed the ammo, then the heavier trigger spring I installed, and then finally got a clue when the scope mount was wobbling.  I had tightened it with a 1/2" wrench but didn't bother snugging it 3 times per the manual.

One of the4se days I need to get the M4 AP mounted.

Or you could just send it to me :P

Both of mine are Aimpoint knockoffs made by (or for) Primary Arms, but the consensus is that they're durable and hold their zero-- as long as you tighten the mount enough.  Maybe not something you'd want to use out on patrol, but good enough for range use.

Thinking about getting an Eotech for one of my rifles, since they don't seem too hideously expensive.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2013, 12:03:34 PM

WHERES THE SLIDE LOCK? THE SLIDE LOCK?

Making mistakes is how you learn. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

QuoteThinking about getting an Eotech for one of my rifles, since they don't seem too hideously expensive

Eotech's are generally very good.

I'll eventually get the M4 on. Just not going to expend the ammo. I've put maybe 22 rounds through the sr556. Not like I need the practice with it, so it sits under the bed. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 30, 2013, 01:24:39 PM

Yeah...painting the kitchen.  Firearms, not so much.  :P

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2013, 01:59:38 PM

I'm missing on the creation of a Languish Meme(tm) here.

What did Cal do? "Accidentally" paint the walls with the brains of annoying relations? IT JUST WENT OFF BY ITSELF ...  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Yes, Malthus, that's what I did which is why I'm at work and posting on Languish instead of in jail. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on April 30, 2013, 03:46:40 PM
Yes, Malthus, that's what I did which is why I'm at work and posting on Languish instead of in jail. :)

Evidently being a Kentucky Colonel has its privileges.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on April 30, 2013, 03:59:16 PM

Hopefully Cal can experience that firsthand someday :)

The Minsky Moment

instead of in jail. :)

Nah, don't be silly. 
This is America; shooting folks in the face is barely a faux pas.  It's a presidential vice.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on April 30, 2013, 03:59:16 PM

I'm the colonel. Cal is a buck private.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on April 30, 2013, 03:00:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2013, 01:59:38 PM

I'm missing on the creation of a Languish Meme(tm) here.

What did Cal do? "Accidentally" paint the walls with the brains of annoying relations? IT JUST WENT OFF BY ITSELF ...  ;)
IIRC, Cal lost the slide of his pistol on the range ones (some time ago).  I guess that's not a good thing to do.

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 30, 2013, 04:12:09 PM
instead of in jail. :)

Nah, don't be silly. 
This is America; shooting folks in the face is barely a faux pas.  It's a presidential vice.

:D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"