News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I'm in on Friday, 4pm my time, which sounds rather ideal.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on November 23, 2011, 11:52:57 PM
I'm in on Friday, 4pm my time, which sounds rather ideal.

is that 10AM CST? Because then it's the same as me.

Syt

Actually, it's 5 pm. CST is -7 for CET.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

I guess I'm in for the beta of this dumb game tomorrow.  I've got the client downloaded and all that stuff.

Maybe I can convince my brother to play on the same server as all y'all bitches.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

10am CST.

Saturday.

<_<

I guess I didn't confirm soon enough.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I just spent three hours levelling a smuggler to Level 7. Surprisingly fun so far. I picked smuggler because it's not a class I would play at release - and if I get this game after all, I don't want to re-do quests I've done before.

It's retty standard MMO fare so far, but the addition of the Bioware dialogue system adds a lot for me.

Usually in MMO it goes for me like this: run to quest giver, click accept, then check the map where I have to go/what I have to kill. Rarely, if ever, do I read quest descriptions in detail.

Having the quests presented in dialogue greatly increases immersion for me, even if it's your standard fetch or kill quests. Though quests so far seem a bit more varied (kill x enemies has so far mostly been a bonus objective in an area) and some of them have a few twists and allow you to make moral choices.

Graphics look fine to me. The texture palette and look reminds me of Clone Wars - which is fine for me, but it may put off others. At 1920x1200 at max settings I usually have 20-25 fps, with a few locations going down to 10, and dialogues often in the 30-40 range.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Yeah, I just jump into some classes seeing the intro and getting a feel for them, because I am pretty sure now that I'll get this.

It is like an exact WoW clone gameplay-wise, but as Syt said the cutscenes, and the class-specific main storylness seem to add enough. Well, beside the Star Wars theme of course.

I would probably not care at all if it was an unkown sci-setting, but hopefully it will be like playing a KOTOR game.

Grey Fox

I made a Jedi Knight on BB's server name Arthois.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

I've got a Twi'lek suggler named Nieb Fosca on the Khoonda Mercenary Company server.  Played for maybe 2 hours total today.  Seems ok, but I'm not overwhelmed or anything.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 25, 2011, 07:26:34 PM

:hug:

HOw hard is it for people to roll on the same server dammit!.

I'll be on tomorrow.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on November 25, 2011, 10:58:20 PM

I'll be on tomorrow.

I'm trying out Republic with my former wow guildies for beta :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on November 25, 2011, 11:39:00 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 25, 2011, 10:58:20 PM

I'll be on tomorrow.

I'm trying out Republic with my former wow guildies for beta :P

Which is... :contract:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Hmm... are you fools going to insist on a PvP server once again?

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on November 26, 2011, 09:21:16 AM
Hmm... are you fools going to insist on a PvP server once again?

wtf is the point in that? The gameplay itself has been done about a dozen times. It's the setting and the story which should be worth the purchase, and how that is made better by being griefed by a character named Yodacansuckit, is beyond me.