Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on November 27, 2011, 09:25:17 PM
Hey Stoney, a bunch of my guildies from WoW are gonna be trying this out, we have 15 or so of us at start. If you two are interested in joining on PVE East coast server let me know.

Empire or Republic?  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

The only sensible choice of course....

Empire

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2011, 04:44:31 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 27, 2011, 12:44:45 PM
I haven't played dark side much (want to save that for live), but one early side quest on Hutta showed that Dark Side is *really* dark.

[Minor Spoiler - very early quest]

A mother comes to you, telling you that her husband took their force sensitive child away so he doesn't have to go to the Sith Academy on Korriban.

When you confront the father he says that he used to be at the Academy, and that he knows that you either succeed or die there. He couldn't cut it and escaped, barely. He doesn't want the same for his son.

He begs you to keep his secret and leave him be. The Dark Side choice is to punish him, i.e. shoot him in front of his kid son. The kid cries over his dead Papa - and you can tell him that one day he will thank you for what you did before you return to the mother to claim your reward (she promised you "all she has").

I've found that contrary to what was claimed, there is very little nuance to the Sith side.  Dark side is really dark.  I doubt very much I'd play a Sith toon for any length of time.  Even this weekend I've been playing a Sith Inquisitor, and while I like the overall game, I don't like that storyline.

Sounds like fun.  You and Fahdiz Skywalker can go do do-goody stuff and diddle some protocol droids.

Stonewall

Quote from: katmai on November 27, 2011, 09:25:17 PM
Hey Stoney, a bunch of my guildies from WoW are gonna be trying this out, we have 15 or so of us at start. If you two are interested in joining on PVE East coast server let me know.

Make it a PVP server and we can talk. :)  Some of Lndhnd and I's old guildies are doing the same thing.  PVP server is a must for me, however. 
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

katmai

i figured as much, but had to ask.

I know these guildies won't move to PVP servers.

Berkut

I am actually not married to the idea of a PvP server, actually.

The best PvP in WoW was not world PvP anyway.

0 rows returned

katmai

Well Like Tamas i haven't tried PVP in SWTOR, but unlike him i won't make any guesses as to what it will be like.

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on November 28, 2011, 02:02:22 AM
Well Like Tamas i haven't tried PVP in SWTOR, but unlike him i won't make any guesses as to what it will be like.

weakling

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on November 27, 2011, 10:20:03 PM
The only sensible choice of course....

Empire

:rolleyes:

I ran the first Empire dungeon last night.  Everyone yelled at me when I won the roll and we didn't just mindlessly kill the ship captain. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

I actually have found the sith/jedi light/dark thing kind of stupid so far.

I mean, what does it mean if my Sith character makes light side choices all the time?

And the "evil" of the Sith is so sophomoric and stupid...

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Quote from: Berkut on November 28, 2011, 10:57:06 AM
I actually have found the sith/jedi light/dark thing kind of stupid so far.

I mean, what does it mean if my Sith character makes light side choices all the time?

And the "evil" of the Sith is so sophomoric and stupid...

Items/abilities may require Light or Dark alignment.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.