News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

I'm probably going to give it a spin once it's out.  the graphics complaints aren't actually dealbreakers for me, since it means my computer might stand a snowball's chance in hell of meeting system requirements for it, unlike, say, Skyrim (which would probably cause my poor computer to explode).
Experience bij!

Barrister

Oh, and various game sites are giving away thousands of free beta keys for the next stress test weekend.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/11/14/need-a-beta-key-for-star-wars-the-old-republic-how-about-75k-b/

Is just one example.

Bioware did ask/warn people who already have beta access to not grab up these keys - you're already in.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 15, 2011, 11:14:05 AM
I'm probably going to give it a spin once it's out.  the graphics complaints aren't actually dealbreakers for me, since it means my computer might stand a snowball's chance in hell of meeting system requirements for it, unlike, say, Skyrim (which would probably cause my poor computer to explode).

You'd be surprised.  I'm running Skyrim on a year-old laptop.  Admittedly, on rather low graphical settings.

katmai

I wont be back from this job till the 16/17 of Dec, so will just be back in time for debut
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

My brother browbeat me into signing up for the beta for this game. :yuk:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Apparently Nov 25-28 is going to be the next, and I think final, beta weekend.

I read somewhere we might be able to keep characters from the first beta weekend (though obviously we won't keep them once it goes live).

JonasSalk

I got into the weekend beta again.

Too bad I have to read 4 books and about 8 journal articles and write a 4-pager, 3-pager, 20-pager, and do a bunch of math homework and prepare a powerpoint.  Yee fucking haw.
Yuman

Syt

I got my beta invite. I changed my password for the site when they asked me to.

Now I can't log in anymore.

I've clicked the link to reset password. I set a new password. They ask me to complete a captcha. But the captcha keeps telling me I'm doing it wrong (even tried the audio one). I've tried this a few times now, but no success.

I guess Bioware don't want me on their site. :(

EDIT: The captcha just didn't like Firefox. Works fine with IE.  <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

got into the beta. gonna' check it out on sunday.

Drakken

Is it against your NDA to reveal if player characters have coherent character names, rather than l33t_h4xx0r or g4y_f0r_4nak1n?

Grey Fox

Everything is against their NDA, even the actual knowledge that there is a NDA.

Anyway, I'm gonna try a Force user this time, sadly I don't have much time to play this week-end either.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I will try it this weekend and see what's what. With my luck I'll be in the Sunday evening group of testers, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Drakken on November 22, 2011, 04:09:54 PM
Is it against your NDA to reveal if player characters have coherent character names, rather than l33t_h4xx0r or g4y_f0r_4nak1n?

NDA has been lifted as of this week.

In Beta most of the names seemed fine, but I don't believe there's any restriction against 1337-speak names.

GF (and anyone else in NAm) last weekend I was on the Sith Meditation Sphere seerver.  It had the shortest queues (probably because of the stupid name).  I'll urge people to roll there unless people have other servers already selected.

It's PvP, but you don't get into contested areas until the 20s, which won't happen over three days of testing.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son