News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How do you usually eat?

Started by Josquius, October 19, 2011, 04:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you eat the majority of your meals?

Knife and fork (Continental style)
14 (56%)
Knife and fork (American style)
6 (24%)
Just a fork
3 (12%)
Chopsticks
0 (0%)
Fork and spoon
0 (0%)
Spoon
0 (0%)
Through a straw
0 (0%)
With my hands
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on October 19, 2011, 02:58:54 PM
Anyway, I eat the correct way. Knife in right hand, fork in left.
I only use sporks and knorks. -_-
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

If you're going by the majority of my meals, I suppose that I eat sandwiches and similar foods that don't require any utensils most of the time, so the answer would be "with my hands". 

Martinus

But yeah, I usually eat with a knife and a fork. Even if I eat with just a fork, I always hold it with my left hand. People who hold a fork with their right hand are barbarians.

Josquius

My parents always used to pick on me for eating left handed- fork in the right. It just feels so much more natural to me.
But I eat continental style anyway, the only time any switching occurs is if I have a particularly tough steak or somewhat and really need the power of my right to cut into it.

Quote from: dps on October 19, 2011, 04:29:57 PM
If you're going by the majority of my meals, I suppose that I eat sandwiches and similar foods that don't require any utensils most of the time, so the answer would be "with my hands". 
Most things I eat are with my hands of course but I wouldn't really count a sandwich and other snacks as meals.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 19, 2011, 04:34:50 PM
But yeah, I usually eat with a knife and a fork. Even if I eat with just a fork, I always hold it with my left hand. People who hold a fork with their right hand are barbarians.

Not really. Takes more effort to switch back and forth.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on October 19, 2011, 07:08:39 PM
Most things I eat are with my hands of course but I wouldn't really count a sandwich and other snacks as meals.

Bitch, I supported you but I can't keep doing that when you suddenly change the goal posts. "How do you usually eat?" "How do you eat your meals?"
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2011, 07:12:50 PM

Bitch, I supported you but I can't keep doing that when you suddenly change the goal posts. "How do you usually eat?" "How do you eat your meals?"
But...that's what my first post says.

Not that it matters too much. Not a life or death question.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

And the method of putting down the knife unless you have something to cut sounds awfully silly to me. If you are eating a meal with a knife and a fork, you hold the knife in your hand for the entire meal, unless you want to grab a glass or something.

I think I may have seen a person who would cut the meat and then put down the fork only once or twice - but people like this are considered soft in the head and/or infantile here.

Eddie Teach

What's the point of holding the knife while you shovel rice and vegetables in your mouth?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on October 20, 2011, 04:22:49 AM

What if we don't eat conventional "meals"?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on October 20, 2011, 05:45:29 AM
I think I may have seen a person who would cut the meat and then put down the fork only once or twice - but people like this are considered soft in the head and/or infantile here.
Put down the fork?  Did they eat things by spearing them with a knife?  I can see how you would view a person like that as soft in the head.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on October 20, 2011, 04:22:49 AM

Actually you twice ask how do you eat but then twice ask how do you eat the majority of your meals.  It's a bit odd to draw a distinction now when you'd been using them interchangeably earlier.

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 20, 2011, 05:54:58 AM
What's the point of holding the knife while you shovel rice and vegetables in your mouth?

If you've abandoned any attempt at civilized eating then you are right it isn't important to hold the knife.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

I put my elbows on the table.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?