News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How do you usually eat?

Started by Josquius, October 19, 2011, 04:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you eat the majority of your meals?

Knife and fork (Continental style)
14 (56%)
Knife and fork (American style)
6 (24%)
Just a fork
3 (12%)
Chopsticks
0 (0%)
Fork and spoon
0 (0%)
Spoon
0 (0%)
Through a straw
0 (0%)
With my hands
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

szmik

Quote from: Valmy on October 19, 2011, 08:28:35 AM
During just a normal meal I usually use just a fork or a spoon depending on what it is I am eating.

The whole knife-fork-spoon combo is just for sit down dinners which are sorta formal-ish.
:yes:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Ideologue

Quote from: DGuller on October 19, 2011, 08:41:14 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 19, 2011, 06:27:23 AM
Nigiri sushi's a finger food.
All sushi is. :contract:  However, when I eat sushi with other people, I do have to use chopsticks, because all of them do as well, so I don't want to look like a brute. :x

Same people would probably think you were odd if you add pizza with a fork.  Fuck their ignorance.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 19, 2011, 10:51:57 AM
Quote from: DGuller on October 19, 2011, 08:41:14 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 19, 2011, 06:27:23 AM
Nigiri sushi's a finger food.
All sushi is. :contract:  However, when I eat sushi with other people, I do have to use chopsticks, because all of them do as well, so I don't want to look like a brute. :x

Same people would probably think you were odd if you add pizza with a fork.  Fuck their ignorance.

It would be odd to add pizza with a fork.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Well, that's what I mean.  They're being arbitrary.  Implements are for food that will seriously make a mess if eaten by hand (e.g., soup, tuna salad, a juicy steak).  But sushi doesn't really fall into that category.  An implement is helpful for wasabi, I suppose, as you don't want to get that on your hands.

Like, you'd look silly eating sushi with a fork, right?  So why ought a similarly-purposed implement be mandated?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

viper37

american style, the fork in my left hand, the knife in my right hand when I need it.  If I'm eating at a decent restaurant, I try to eat with both fork and knife in hand tough.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 19, 2011, 11:03:52 AM
Well, that's what I mean.  They're being arbitrary.  Implements are for food that will seriously make a mess if eaten by hand (e.g., soup, tuna salad, a juicy steak).  But sushi doesn't really fall into that category.  An implement is helpful for wasabi, I suppose, as you don't want to get that on your hands.

Like, you'd look silly eating sushi with a fork, right?  So why ought a similarly-purposed implement be mandated?

I don't think you understood my post. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

American style, if I don't need a knife I'm not going to hold one.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

When eating with knife and fork I usually do it European style, but these days I'm probably eating more with chopsticks (since the majority of the home cooking is Chinese) or my hands (sandwiches, toast, snacks).

The Brain

Standing, facing in the direction of Charles XII's tomb.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

To clarify, when you guys talk about American style does that mean you cut the food with the fork in the left hand then switch it to your right to transport the cut food to your mouth?

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on October 19, 2011, 01:06:01 PM

This thread discusses eating, not masturbation.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Slargos

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 19, 2011, 02:51:46 PM
To clarify, when you guys talk about American style does that mean you cut the food with the fork in the left hand then switch it to your right to transport the cut food to your mouth?

I presume so.

I've always been taught to cut with the right and shovel with the left. I know a lot of people insist on the opposite, but aside from being terribly uncouth, it just feels wrong.

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on October 19, 2011, 02:53:31 PM

My God. Have you ever had a wholesome thought in your life?

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on October 19, 2011, 02:56:22 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 19, 2011, 02:53:31 PM

My God. Have you ever had a wholesome thought in your life?

September 22, 1981, at 8:42 PM. If I'm not mistaken.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Anyway, I eat the correct way. Knife in right hand, fork in left.