News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How do you usually eat?

Started by Josquius, October 19, 2011, 04:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you eat the majority of your meals?

Knife and fork (Continental style)
14 (56%)
Knife and fork (American style)
6 (24%)
Just a fork
3 (12%)
Chopsticks
0 (0%)
Fork and spoon
0 (0%)
Spoon
0 (0%)
Through a straw
0 (0%)
With my hands
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Brazen

I can easily use all of those methods in a single day. Just had a chopstick lunch.

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on October 19, 2011, 05:38:02 AM
Uhm, it depends on the meal?  :huh:

I eat soup with a spoon, a steak with a fork and a knife, asparagus and chicken with my hands, cake with a fork, fish preferably with a spatula and a fork (or, if a spatula is not availanle, two forks) and sushi with chopsticks.  :huh:
:rolleyes:
Of course, it varies from meal to meal to a degree, but the majority of your meals?

There should be a 'standard'. I sometimes have soup and use a spoon. Most of my meals though are pretty solid knife and fork affairs (well...at home....).
Unless you always make sure to have exactly the same amount of meals of soup, sushi and regular food so as to ensure all your utensils wear out at the same speed.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 19, 2011, 05:38:02 AM
Uhm, it depends on the meal?  :huh:

I eat soup with a spoon, a steak with a fork and a knife, asparagus and chicken with my hands, cake with a fork, fish preferably with a spatula and a fork (or, if a spatula is not availanle, two forks) and sushi with chopsticks.  :huh:

Instead of knocking no some of our odd ways of eating - I'm just going to point out that Tyr asked what one uses in the majority of one's meals - not with the suggestion that one can only use one method.  It's okay if you don't know the answer. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

To avoid being labelled with the facetious crowd, my main meals are probably equal amounts of knife and fork (meat and veg) or fork and spoon (stew, spaghetti etc.).

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on October 19, 2011, 07:10:47 AM
Quote from: Caliga on October 19, 2011, 06:02:19 AM
I like to eat rice with chopsticks.  White dudes are often impressed that I can do that. :cool:

Today was the first time I successfully gobbled up a whole chicken stew with rice using only the chopsticks. Pretty satisfied with myself.

As for the question, in which I presume he's wondering FOR THE MEALS WHERE YOU EXPECT TO USE A KNIFE AND FORK YOU FUCKING DUMBASSES I usually work with the knife throughout the meal. I only put the knife down if I'm feeling particularly lazy. It's simply not polite.

Plus putting down the knife is unsafe. You never know when a Jew or Black might wander by.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

During just a normal meal I usually use just a fork or a spoon depending on what it is I am eating.

The whole knife-fork-spoon combo is just for sit down dinners which are sorta formal-ish.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I have a servant shovel the food in.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on October 19, 2011, 06:27:23 AM
Nigiri sushi's a finger food.
All sushi is. :contract:  However, when I eat sushi with other people, I do have to use chopsticks, because all of them do as well, so I don't want to look like a brute. :x

PDH

I mostly eat astronaut bread and foodstix.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

I don't know about the rest of you, but I eat with my mouth.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2011, 08:53:07 AM

I'm not surprised that manners don't exist in the wilderness but now that you're in the city, it might behoove you to change your habits...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on October 19, 2011, 08:25:10 AM
Quote from: Slargos on October 19, 2011, 07:10:47 AM
Quote from: Caliga on October 19, 2011, 06:02:19 AM
I like to eat rice with chopsticks.  White dudes are often impressed that I can do that. :cool:

Today was the first time I successfully gobbled up a whole chicken stew with rice using only the chopsticks. Pretty satisfied with myself.

As for the question, in which I presume he's wondering FOR THE MEALS WHERE YOU EXPECT TO USE A KNIFE AND FORK YOU FUCKING DUMBASSES I usually work with the knife throughout the meal. I only put the knife down if I'm feeling particularly lazy. It's simply not polite.

Plus putting down the knife is unsafe. You never know when a Jew or Black might wander by.  :P

Nah. You can always plug him with the fork. Even an enraged nigger will go down to a fork in the eye.

HVC

knife and fork (where applicable). though i always have the urge to hold the knfe with my eft hand instead of my right
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2011, 08:56:33 AM
Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2011, 08:53:07 AM

I'm not surprised that manners don't exist in the wilderness but now that you're in the city, it might behoove you to change your habits...

His food goes in a bowl on the floor.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius