News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Help Cal choose a new car

Started by Caliga, October 18, 2011, 08:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Typical house in the 'burbs will have room for 2 in the garage, 2 in the driveway and 2 on the street.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: The Larch on December 18, 2011, 12:20:43 PM
Depending on where you live the parking space might be much more expensive than the insurance. I guess that you guys have big houses with plenty of space to park a couple of cars in them without much effort, right?
Tell me about it.  I spend almost twice as much on parking as I do on insurance. :bleeding: (I am saving 15% or more on insurance, though, which helps).

Zoupa

Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2011, 08:31:59 AM
Yeah, we did buy a car (read on), but I eventually talked her out of considering a Trailblazer.  My dad used to have one and it dropped the transmission on him twice. :bleeding:  He now has a Nissan Rogue, or as I call it "the fagwagon". :cool:

I have a nissan rogue  :unsure:

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2011, 10:40:52 AM
:yes:

Just like I'll never understand how Euros can drive those gay little Smart cars, they'll never understand us either. :hug:

Well they make a lot more sense for older people, one of my pensioner neighbours has one and it seems ideal for her, much easier to manoeuvre than some of the gas-guzzlers you see some old people around here 'trying to control/drive.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Depending on where you live the parking space might be much more expensive than the insurance. I guess that you guys have big houses with plenty of space to park a couple of cars in them without much effort, right?
Paying... for parking...? :blink:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Zoupa on December 18, 2011, 01:46:46 PM
I have a nissan rogue  :unsure:
dude, that's a chick car.  My bro's fiancee has one too, but it's ok for her to drive it.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

It costs me $9 a day to park at the airport. :mad:

Of course, I just expense it, but still... :rolleyes:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2011, 02:41:30 PM
Paying... for parking...? :blink:

Some people actually live inside cities, you know, not everyone is in suburbia.

Over here people can easily pay more than one hundred bucks monthly to rent a parking spot at home, which might not be exactly nearby. The one I have came included with the appartment and is in an underground parking that services the whole block.

Iormlund

Also many big cars don't fit in parking spots at old buildings.

Or the streets for that matter: there's a moron that parks a Hummer a couple blocks from here, in the only street wide enough for him to do so (and it's only big enough for 50m or so). I shudder to think of the time he spends waiting for a big enough spot, not to mention the walk to and from where he's actually going.

Ideologue

I thought in Europe they dragged people like that from their cars and beat them to death while chanting patriotic slogans.  And rightly so.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Larch

Quote from: Iormlund on December 18, 2011, 07:14:17 PMAlso many big cars don't fit in parking spots at old buildings.

Yup, in my city they built many underground parkings in the last few years and the parking spots are remarkably bigger than in older places. In many old parking lots it's already a challenge to park a regular sized car. A buddy of mine has to play a daily game of tetris to fit his tiny Seat Ibiza already, I shudder to think what might happen if he had a bigger car.

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 18, 2011, 12:40:52 PM
Typical house in the 'burbs will have room for 2 in the garage, 2 in the driveway and 2 on the street.

Around here, who the hell wants to park outside their garage?  Scraping your windshield is a pain in the ass.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Hey Beeb, do folks in your neck of the woods leave their wipers up when precip is expected?