News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Help Cal choose a new car

Started by Caliga, October 18, 2011, 08:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Ok, so with Princesca's student loans paid off as of last week, and expecting to pay the rest of our HELOC off shortly, we will only have our primary mortgage left in terms of debt, which I expect to have paid off in about three years.  This means it's time to replace Princesca's 2003 Civic with a new car.

Here are the prerequisites for the replacement car:

* must be able to tow my boat
* must have 4WD/AWD

That's pretty much it.  Have at it, people.  Most likely she will use this vehicle to commute to work... unless she hates driving it, in which case I guess I'll let her use my Accord and drive this vehicle.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Caliga

Razgovory

What does Ron Paul think you should drive?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

citizen k

If the Princesca will be commuting with it, how about the Lexus 400h or Ford Escape hybrid.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Get a Prius and take up kayaking.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Nah, probably not.  I don't work at the kind of company where dudes drive Hummers.

Caliga

Quote from: citizen k on October 18, 2011, 09:12:25 PM
If the Princesca will be commuting with it, how about the Lexus 400h or Ford Escape hybrid.
Hybrid? :yuk:

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 18, 2011, 09:26:01 PM
A-Team van?
:hmm: Will that tow my boat?  Also, will it come with a Mr. T on a .50 cal who jumps out every time I bust open the sliding door?

Barrister

I'm sorry to get all serious here, but...

How much does your boat weight?

We need to know the weight in order to determine how much towing capacity you need.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.