And we're back!

Main Menu

Help Cal choose a new car

Started by Caliga, October 18, 2011, 08:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: viper37 on October 19, 2011, 06:30:57 PM
Quote from: dps on October 19, 2011, 04:02:39 PM
I say SUV instead of a pickup because I see your wife being more likely to dive the SUV. 
how is that a good thing??  :P

<shrug>  He said most likely she would be using it to drive to work.

garbon

Prin never struck me as the kind of woman who would shy away from a pickup truck.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Just got back from car shopping... haven't bought anything yet, but Princesca liked the following models best:  Ford Explorer, GMC Envoy, and Chevy Trailblazer.  For some reason it's very hard to find lightly-used Explorers around here, which is odd since they're all over the road due to there being so many Ford employees who can buy them with steep discounts.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PRC

Alcibiades

Drove one of these a couple of years ago, pretty nice and would definitely fit your needs.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2011, 03:22:42 PM
Just got back from car shopping... haven't bought anything yet, but Princesca liked the following models best:  Ford Explorer, GMC Envoy, and Chevy Trailblazer.  For some reason it's very hard to find lightly-used Explorers around here, which is odd since they're all over the road due to there being so many Ford employees who can buy them with steep discounts.

Friends don't let friends buy American, Cal.

Get Princesca a nice Japanese vehicle.  My wife loves her new RAV4, for example.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: PRC on November 05, 2011, 04:37:29 PM
Get a Nissan Frontier.
We checked a Frontier out, but Princesca didn't like it for some reason.

Caliga

Just got back from the dealer.

Not this exact car, but same make/model/trim/color. :cool:

One annoying thing: after we left Princesca plugged her Garmin in to the power outlet only to discover it didn't work.  So when we got home I pulled the center console off, checked the plug (which was in properly), and then opened the dash fuse box to discover the fuse for the plug was blown.  Fortunately there was a spare in the battery fuse box, so I was able to switch it out and it works fine now.  I'm pretty proud of myself for figuring all of that out in like ten minutes without any swearing or injuries.  :showoff:

Admiral Yi

Hey Cal, what's your progeny situation?

Caliga

I'm not sure I see the relevance, but no kids.

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on December 17, 2011, 05:46:14 PM
I'm not sure I see the relevance, but no kids.

Well since people own vehicles for a fairly long time, if kids are at all on the horizon it's something to consider.

We had to trade in my wife's 2-door blazer because, well, it had two doors.  If it had four she probably would have kept it. 
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on December 17, 2011, 05:40:19 PM
One annoying thing: after we left Princesca plugged her Garmin in to the power outlet only to discover it didn't work.  So when we got home I pulled the center console off, checked the plug (which was in properly), and then opened the dash fuse box to discover the fuse for the plug was blown.  Fortunately there was a spare in the battery fuse box, so I was able to switch it out and it works fine now.  I'm pretty proud of myself for figuring all of that out in like ten minutes without any swearing or injuries.  :showoff:

Congratulations, DGuller.

Glad you like your new car. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Larch

Quote* must be able to tow my boat

QuoteMost likely she will use this vehicle to commute to work...

Am I the only one who thinks that these are contradictory requiriments?

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on December 17, 2011, 07:29:45 PM
Quote* must be able to tow my boat

QuoteMost likely she will use this vehicle to commute to work...

Am I the only one who thinks that these are contradictory requiriments?

Yep.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive