News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Airlines suck

Started by Martinus, October 18, 2011, 05:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Warspite on October 19, 2011, 06:40:28 AM

I really don't think it's too much to ask that airlines keep hold of certain seats for their taller customers, surely?

Do I get free upgrades to business class just because I'm fat  :P

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on October 19, 2011, 08:31:23 AM

I really don't think it's too much to ask that airlines keep hold of certain seats for their taller customers, surely?

Mono, there is no such thing as fat when it comes to planes.  There are just "long legs".

Warspite

Eat less. :P
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

garbon

Tallness is seen as positive quality whereas obesity...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Warspite

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2011, 08:47:25 AM

And to be fair, even a fairly rotund person of average height can still move their legs in an economy seat.

Am debating whether to turn up for my flight in a smart suit on Friday in order to be SFU. :hmm:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

crazy canuck

Quote from: Monoriu on October 18, 2011, 10:21:47 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 18, 2011, 10:19:13 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on October 18, 2011, 10:18:21 PM
The problem with exit rows is that the flight attendants always insist that absolutely nothing lies on the floor.  Unlike regular seats where you can put bags etc in front.  They are really worried about loose objects flying around. 

:huh:

I find it annoying to have to retreive my stuff from the overhead compartments.  Especially when I don't have the aisle seats.

When you sit in an exit seat you can still put your things under the seat in front of you.  Its just that the seat in front of you is a very long way away - which is the whole point.  At least that is the way it is on Air Canada and WestJet.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 19, 2011, 02:03:09 AM
I am 6' 6", and I can manage to survive in regular economy class seats (even on a flight from Seattle to Japan).  But I'll pay extra for the emergency row or a slight upgrade that some airlines have, like Frontier.

You are just a tad shorter then me. I have survived, barely, in an economy seat from Vancouver to Frankfurt - with a lot of strolls along the length of the aircraft.  At one point one of the crew invited me to sit in the crew area in the back to stretch out for a while.

crazy canuck

That is because tallness is objectively better in every way.

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2011, 09:43:16 AM
I am 6' 6", and I can manage to survive in regular economy class seats (even on a flight from Seattle to Japan).  But I'll pay extra for the emergency row or a slight upgrade that some airlines have, like Frontier.

You are just a tad shorter then me. I have survived, barely, in an economy seat from Vancouver to Frankfurt - with a lot of strolls along the length of the aircraft.  At one point one of the crew invited me to sit in the crew area in the back to stretch out for a while.
stewardess (or steward, if he floated that way :D ) was hitting on you :contract: :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2011, 09:44:05 AM

I don't think that means much. Obesity doesn't really have much going for it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on October 19, 2011, 09:53:29 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2011, 09:43:16 AM

stewardess was hitting on you :contract: :P

:huh: :( :Embarrass:

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2011, 09:55:57 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2011, 09:44:05 AM

I don't think that means much. Obesity doesn't really have much going for it.

No I mean better than being short in every way.  Of course it is better than being fat.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2011, 09:57:09 AM
No I mean better than being short in every way.  Of course it is better than being fat.

Doubtful. I have no issue with cramped airlines seats for one glaring one. :contract: :D

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2011, 09:56:20 AM

:huh: :( :Embarrass:

:lol: Strutting your stuff up and down the aisle was just too much for her. it's ok, teach your giant sons so they too don't miss the opertunity :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2011, 09:57:49 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2011, 09:57:09 AM

Doubtful. I have no issue with cramped airlines seats for one glaring one. :contract: :D
Neither do I.... Have you been paying no attention to this thread.