News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Montreal 2012

Started by garbon, October 12, 2011, 11:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Hey, what sort of things should one see in Montreal?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zoupa

Jacob

Jacob

I haven't been to Montreal for ages, so I can't give you any useful advice, but I definitely think you and Zoupa should go somewhere to drink Champagne.

Admiral Yi

The old waterfront is mildly touristy.

Ideologue

Quote from: Zoupa on October 13, 2011, 12:39:47 AM
Me, you asshole  :glare:

I think Montreal has the highest number of posters I like of any city. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on October 13, 2011, 03:40:24 AM

Stockholm still wins though.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Quote from: The Brain on October 13, 2011, 03:45:08 AM

In the sense you may have the opportunity to physically encounter Johan and tell him he should be ashamed of himself.

Why, are there a lot of people here in Stockholm?  I know there are like three Swedes.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on October 13, 2011, 03:50:15 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 13, 2011, 03:45:08 AM

In the sense you may have the opportunity to physically encounter Johan and tell him he should be ashamed of himself.

Why, are there a lot of people here in Stockholm?  I know there are like three Swedes.

If you include how much you like the posters Stockholm wins because of me. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Strip Clubs, the Habs, Zoupa, Giant crumbling infracstructure, traffic jams, Old Port.

When you coming?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Warspite

I recall having a good time on St Catherine Street (?). The poutine in Montreal was also really good.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josephus

Strip clubs and record shops.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on October 13, 2011, 12:59:58 AM
I haven't been to Montreal for ages, so I can't give you any useful advice, but I definitely think you and Zoupa should go somewhere to drink Champagne.

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Grallon too.

I like Montreal.  Good food. 
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 13, 2011, 06:08:21 AM
Strip Clubs, the Habs, Zoupa, Giant crumbling infracstructure, traffic jams, Old Port.

When you coming?

Around the first weekend in November.  I've run out of relatively near cities that I haven't visited. Last time I was in Montreal, I was 3. :D

DC
Boston
Providence
Philadelphia
Baltimore
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
Toronto

edit: what a sad list, my close cities used to include:
Napa
Sacramento
San Jose
Oakland
Los Angeles
San Diego
Palm Springs
Santa Barbara
Monterrey
Santa Barbara

:weep: