Swine Flue outbreak in Mexico, US; 20 confirmed dead.

Started by Syt, April 25, 2009, 04:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

BuddhaRhubarb

my Japanese student was in Mexico a few weeks ago, and had to cancel last week due to a "cold". should I be worried about tonight's lesson?
:p

lustindarkness

Quote from: Warspite on April 27, 2009, 12:13:10 PM
What if swine flu goes nuclear?
nucular swine flu? would each infected individual detonate in a small mushroom cloud after the incubation period further spreading the nukular swine flu? now thats is worth the hype.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quick, sell your idea to M. Night Shyamalan.  I smell a horrible, horrible movie in the future.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2009, 01:30:30 AM
I have sniffles. Do I have: swine flu?  :cry:
I wouldn't worry, it's probably just AIDS.

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on April 27, 2009, 12:30:53 PMI wouldn't worry, it's probably just AIDS.

:lol: Any time I'm sick my brother says "Is it AIDS?"
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

Now Mexico had an earthquake, this read just like that pandemic game, Madagascar will close up anytime now.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Queequeg

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 27, 2009, 02:09:59 PM
Quote from: The Brain on April 27, 2009, 02:04:04 PM
The earthquake wasn't caused by a virus.
No, it was a game random event.
:D
That's exactly what I thought. We all look at this virus through the prism of a web game. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Mr.Penguin

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1081515.html

Quote'Israel must call new disease Mexico Flu, as swine unkosher'

By The Associated Press

Ultra-Orthodox Deputy Health Minister Yakov Litzman on Monday declared that Israel would call the new potentially deadly disease that has already struck two continents 'Mexico Flu,' rather than 'Swine Flu, as pigs are not kosher.

"We will call it Mexico flu. We won't call it swine flu," Litzman told a news conference on Monday, assuring the Israeli public that authorities were prepared to handle any cases.

Under Jewish dietary laws, pigs are considered unclean and pork is forbidden food, although the non-kosher meat is available in some stores in Israel.    

Two cases of suspected swine flu have been detected in Israel, but Health Ministry officials have said chances are low that either hospitalized men has actually contracted the disease.

Both men, one 47 years old and the other 26, were quarantined after checking into hospital with flu-like symptoms upon their return from Mexico this week.

Silly jews... :lol:
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Josephus

I use a Mac at work, so these silly viruses are never a problem as they are with PCs.

But I'll make sure I don't open any attachments from a Mexican address.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Work update: sent a few people home. Felt good flexing my authority. Was nice and told thim it doesn't count against their sick days.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive