Wall Street protesters: We're in for the long haul

Started by garbon, October 02, 2011, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Jacob

Quote from: Zanza on October 13, 2011, 04:02:41 PM
The idea of two lost decades for the USA is pretty sobering.

So what's the global outlook then? The US and EU looking at lost decades, China cruising towards a big bursting bubble. How's India and Brazil these days? What are the bright spots?

Ideologue

Quote from: Jacob on October 13, 2011, 04:50:40 PM

So what's the global outlook then? The US and EU looking at lost decades, China cruising towards a big bursting bubble. How's India and Brazil these days? What are the bright spots?

A silver lining, eh?  When the human population finally stabilizes at a little over a billion, there'll be more room for everybody.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 13, 2011, 03:51:11 PM
Man, I hope my income isn't the same in 2021 as today.

My income better be increased by 2012 when they are supposed to start paying my new salary! :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on October 13, 2011, 05:16:14 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 13, 2011, 03:51:11 PM
Man, I hope my income isn't the same in 2021 as today.

My income better be increased by 2012 when they are supposed to start paying my new salary! :angry:

You are the 99%.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HisMajestyBOB

South Korea is doing well. :)
Hmm, maybe I should be going back there instead of Shanghai...
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Zanza

Medium term the BRICs, SEA and Turkey look good. So do some of the more mature markets such as Korea, Australia, Canada and Scandinavia.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on October 14, 2011, 05:56:30 AM
Medium term the BRICs, SEA and Turkey look good. So do some of the more mature markets such as Korea, Australia, Canada and Scandinavia.

China's the big question for Canada (and Australia).  Economy's been driven by commodities.  A large Chinese crash could have a devastating effect on commodity prices.  Come to think of it - same issue for Russia as well.

Brazil / India seem to have fairly diverse economies, should continue to do well, as does Turkey.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Lech Walesa is flying to NYC to support the occupy wall street movement.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Neil

Quote from: alfred russel on October 14, 2011, 04:00:34 PM
I wonder if he'll be surprised when nobody knows or cares who the fuck he is?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

alfred russel

Quote from: Neil on October 14, 2011, 04:01:36 PM

I think he is one of the great heroes of the 20th century, but unfortunately you are right on this. Nonviolent leaders like Gandhi, Mandela, and King get all the press for peacefully fighting imperialism and racism, but anticommunism is ignored.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Ideologue

I've never heard of that dude.  Cool name, though.

Oh, he's the Solidarnosc guy.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on October 14, 2011, 04:10:24 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 14, 2011, 04:01:36 PM

I think he is one of the great heroes of the 20th century, but unfortunately you are right on this. Nonviolent leaders like Gandhi, Mandela, and King get all the press for peacefully fighting imperialism and racism, but anticommunism is ignored.

Maybe he should have been on the right side of history.
Kinemalogue

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on October 14, 2011, 04:10:39 PM
I've never heard of that dude.  Cool name, though.

Oh, he's the Solidarnosc guy.

:bleeding:

I guess it is okay, you are just too young.