Wall Street protesters: We're in for the long haul

Started by garbon, October 02, 2011, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on October 15, 2011, 05:21:35 PM
I need Reese's cups to live.
In a couple of years you would need insulin shots to live.

Ed Anger

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 15, 2011, 02:08:11 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on October 15, 2011, 01:40:24 PM
I wouldn't use "need".

Yes, I need the Denny's Cheesy menu.

:x

Most of that food doesn't even look remotely appetizing - especially when you factor in the high quality you get at Denny's.

http://foodbeast.com/content/gallery/dennys-new-menu-lets-get-cheesy/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I know. Denny's is a last resort. After I've rummaged through my glovebox for 5 year old candy bars.

Ideologue

I prefer Waffle House myself.

I assume buckeyes aren't fellow Ohioans?  Although it suggests a loophole for vegetarians; you can usually justify killing people on independent grounds.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Darth Wagtaros

You get the smaller ones, then put some chocolate chip cookie dough in mini-muffin tins.  When they come out of the oven stick the reeses cups into the still hot cookie to make a cookie candy wrap.
PDH!

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on October 15, 2011, 06:04:56 PM
I prefer Waffle House myself.

I assume buckeyes aren't fellow Ohioans?  Although it suggests a loophole for vegetarians; you can usually justify killing people on independent grounds.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/buckeyes-i/detail.aspx   :licklips:

garbon

The protestors went to Times Square. Just when I though Times Square couldn't get any worse...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Have we gone from Civil War hijacks to Reese's Peanut Butter Cup hijacks?  :(

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

garbon

Woot! As of last Wednesday, the city has spent 3.2 million in overtime for police to take care of the protesters.

I also like the Boston take on the 150k that's been spent there.

http://articles.boston.com/2011-10-15/news/30284035_1_overtime-costs-boston-police-protesters

Quote"I never thought about that," said Laurel Byrne-Macmillan, 31, a nurse from Gloucester, when asked about the cost. "But you know what? Democracy isn't free. ... We have the right as citizens to inconvenience some people to get our point across, and that is one of the gifts this country gives to us."

Byrne-Macmillan held a sign that said, "Bring our soldiers and our $ home. End the war." She said that compared with the federal government's spending on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, "This is a drop in the bucket."

She also had a suggestion for helping to defray the overtime costs, "Why don't you take it out of the bonuses of those CEOs [who received bailout money]? "Ask them to donate a little money."