Wall Street protesters: We're in for the long haul

Started by garbon, October 02, 2011, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Oh no, cops that make mistakes - say it ain't so, counselor.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on October 16, 2011, 06:21:35 AM
Sometimes being a self-sustaining community means taking things from neighboring communities.

:lol:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Ide is creeping into Crunchy territory. Which makes me sad.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 16, 2011, 10:22:19 AM
Ide is creeping into Crunchy territory. Which makes me sad.

:rolleyes: I'm the same as I've always ever been.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Habbaku on October 16, 2011, 10:19:58 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 16, 2011, 06:21:35 AM
Sometimes being a self-sustaining community means taking things from neighboring communities.

:lol:

Yeah, I thought that was a good one. :P  They have executed our emissaries, Batu Khan!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Maximus

Quote from: Ideologue on October 16, 2011, 06:29:04 AM

Come now.  You wouldn't grant sympathy to the protesters if they all set themselves on fire in the middle of Times Square.  You'd complain about how it blocked traffic or something.
Why would we have sympathy for someone who set themselves on fire?

Faeelin

I don't get the idea that the protestors aren't being clear about what they want. People get what they're protesting against, right?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zoupa

What a bunch of reactionary old gits this forum has become. Do y'all get a giant boner from Law and Order or something?

Where is sask when you need him?

Razgovory

Quote from: Zoupa on October 16, 2011, 01:21:21 PM
What a bunch of reactionary old gits this forum has become. Do y'all get a giant boner from Law and Order or something?

Where is sask when you need him?

Only that Special Victims Unit one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Yes, on both counts.
Kinemalogue

Cecil

Quote from: Faeelin on October 16, 2011, 12:42:43 PM
I don't get the idea that the protestors aren't being clear about what they want. People get what they're protesting against, right?

Like that vicky fascist thing. We are angry about something but have a hard time formulating exactly what that is.

Razgovory

Quote from: Cecil on October 16, 2011, 01:38:11 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on October 16, 2011, 12:42:43 PM

Like that vicky fascist thing. We are angry about something but have a hard time formulating exactly what that is.

I get the idea that they are angry, but what they want done is a bit more vague.  It's just like the Tea Party who were 'angry as Hell and not going to take it anymore', but beyond that it was pretty confused.  Anyway I still don't like mobs.  Liberal mobs, Conservative mobs, neutral disinterested mobs... any kind of mob.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

You still realize that now? My only question would be how much of it is posturing and internet persona and how much a seriously held belief.