Wall Street protesters: We're in for the long haul

Started by garbon, October 02, 2011, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on October 11, 2011, 03:23:42 PM

The point here is that you cannot go around IP-protecting words that people already use in general speech to mean a whole class of things. It would be absurd.

:huh:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on October 12, 2011, 11:10:02 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2011, 11:05:32 AMtotally possible but again why would I?

In spite of your pretentions otherwise, you don't have enough class to be bourgeois.

Since when do the bourgeois have class?

Gups

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 12, 2011, 12:11:20 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2011, 11:24:21 AM
Although, perhaps the three of you have a positive view of the bourgeois.

Why would one have a negative view?
Quite. It would be petit.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2011, 12:28:55 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 12, 2011, 11:10:02 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2011, 11:05:32 AMtotally possible but again why would I?

In spite of your pretentions otherwise, you don't have enough class to be bourgeois.

Since when do the bourgeois have class?

*shrugs*
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Martinus is so very, very bourgeois.  It would be a redeeming quality, except he takes it too far.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 12, 2011, 02:26:40 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2011, 02:20:19 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 12, 2011, 02:06:31 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 12, 2011, 01:47:34 PM
Martinus tries to be very, very bourgeois. 

fyp

Can you give me your definition?

Of someone trying to be bourgeois?  This must be a troll.

No your definition of bourgeois. You seem to equate positive qualities to it - so I was wondering what your take is.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2011, 02:27:23 PM
No your definition of bourgeois. You seem to equate positive qualities to it - so I was wondering what your take is.

My statement was that Marti tries to be bourgeois.  If you agree with that statement then it makes not one bit whether I think that is a good or bad thing.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 12, 2011, 02:30:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2011, 02:27:23 PM

My statement was that Marti tries to be bourgeois.  If you agree with that statement then it makes not one bit whether I think that is a good or bad thing.

You also asked me how I could make claims to be. Between those two instances, it sounded like you were saying it would be a step up for both of us.

Do you not have a definition?

Admiral Yi

Bourgeois virtues are sobriety, thrift, and the accumulation of wealth.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 12, 2011, 02:38:12 PM
Bourgeois virtues are sobriety, thrift, and the accumulation of wealth.
:blink:

Priggishness, vulgarity and social climbing.
Let's bomb Russia!