Wall Street protesters: We're in for the long haul

Started by garbon, October 02, 2011, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Bruises aren't enough.  We need a few bullets pumped into a few people.  Then change can begin.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Fireblade on October 05, 2011, 10:33:01 PM
http://youtu.be/xpOMlDVaXzc

Fuck the police.

Wow.  I wish they did that to the Tea Party types.  I guess these kids should pack heat.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

This one is even more appalling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HejJvMtuSno&NR=1

Reason #287 why NYC is such an unlivable hellhole:  NYPD is made up of meat-heads who view their police career as a continuation of their high school bullying career.  The only police department that ever left a negative impression with me in personal interaction was NYPD, and that was quite a negative impression at that.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Quote from: Grallon on October 05, 2011, 08:09:32 PM=

Naturally a leash dog of the Establishment/Elite/Oligarchy *will* strive to minimize what's happening.

It's really fascinating to see how History repeats itself: an elite group, bloated by its own excesses, grabbing and grasping to maintain its privileges.  With, of course, the same inevitable result: said elite is replaced by another group - with much loss of life and wealth.  Whereas had they been just a little bit less greedy - they might have retained most of their position as part of the elite - and that at a minimum cost.

I feel sure the aristocrats in Versailles sneered down at the crowds who took the Bastille - with much the same mindset as you exhibit here today.  Yet they were slaughtered in the tens of thousands, and exiled in the hundreds of thousands.  ^_^

The maggots will believe the World is flat when it's proven under their nose that it's round.  Such is human nature... *shakes head*

G.

Best thing you've ever posted.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on October 06, 2011, 08:41:21 AM
Quote from: Grallon on October 05, 2011, 08:09:32 PM=

Naturally a leash dog of the Establishment/Elite/Oligarchy *will* strive to minimize what's happening.

It's really fascinating to see how History repeats itself: an elite group, bloated by its own excesses, grabbing and grasping to maintain its privileges.  With, of course, the same inevitable result: said elite is replaced by another group - with much loss of life and wealth.  Whereas had they been just a little bit less greedy - they might have retained most of their position as part of the elite - and that at a minimum cost.

I feel sure the aristocrats in Versailles sneered down at the crowds who took the Bastille - with much the same mindset as you exhibit here today.  Yet they were slaughtered in the tens of thousands, and exiled in the hundreds of thousands.  ^_^

The maggots will believe the World is flat when it's proven under their nose that it's round.  Such is human nature... *shakes head*

G.

I'm not sure if you're trying to damn Grallon with faint praise, or if you really believe that drivel.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on October 06, 2011, 08:41:21 AM

I'm not holding my breath for the Terror to commence.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Quote from: DGuller on October 06, 2011, 01:55:17 AM
This one is even more appalling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HejJvMtuSno&NR=1

Reason #287 why NYC is such an unlivable hellhole:  NYPD is made up of meat-heads who view their police career as a continuation of their high school bullying career.  The only police department that ever left a negative impression with me in personal interaction was NYPD, and that was quite a negative impression at that.

Why did they even mace those girls? They were already penned in behind a fence. :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Here's an example fo what Grallon was talking about...FF to about the 50 second mark if necessary.

http://youtu.be/2PiXDTK_CBY
Civis Romanus Sum

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Grallon on October 05, 2011, 08:09:32 PM
I feel sure the aristocrats in Versailles sneered down at the crowds who took the Bastille

I doubt it - not unless they had a very strong telescope.

What is it about wannabe radicals and inability to grasp basic geography?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Neil on October 05, 2011, 09:42:29 PM
Except you ain't done shit.

Exactly.

I may the establishment's leash dog, but over the past year, I burned over 200 hours of what otherwise would have been billable time to get the city to restore several million dollars worth of benefits to families with children.  What exactly has grallon done to have any tangible impact on the problems in this world?  Because whining about your bosses while meekly punching your time card, and daydreaming fantasies about violent paroxysms of revolution doesn't actually change anything; it just marks you as an ineffectual wannabe with some future risk of going postal.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

HVC

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 06, 2011, 09:30:19 AM
I burned over 200 hours of what otherwise would have been billable time to get the city to restore several million dollars worth of benefits to families with children.
Tax write off?

:P I kidd. that's very noble :)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grallon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 06, 2011, 08:57:16 AM

I doubt it - not unless they had a very strong telescope.

What is it about wannabe radicals and inability to grasp basic geography?

Come on that was weak :P

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 06, 2011, 09:30:19 AM

I may the establishment's leash dog, but over the past year, I burned over 200 hours of what otherwise would have been billable time to get the city to restore several million dollars worth of benefits to families with children.  What exactly has Grallon done to have any tangible impact on the problems in this world?  Because whining about your bosses while meekly punching your time card, and daydreaming fantasies about violent paroxysms of revolution doesn't actually change anything; it just marks you as an ineffectual wannabe with some future risk of going postal.

Now that's better.

As for what I do to better this world - nothing of course.  It's not worth saving.  People are scum - when will you all get that into your thick heads?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: HVC on October 06, 2011, 09:36:31 AM
Tax write off?

Sadly the time is not tax deductible.

In NYC (and elsewhere around the country) the volume of cases that require attention vastly exceeds the resources of the existing legal assistance organizations, which have to rely on donations of time and resources from the private bar to fill even a small part of that gap.
--Joan Robinson