News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languish marriage poll

Started by Brazen, September 27, 2011, 08:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever been or intend to be married?

Never married, will never marry
15 (23.1%)
Never married, intend to marry
17 (26.2%)
Currently married
27 (41.5%)
Divorced, will never marry again
4 (6.2%)
Divrorced, intend to marry again
0 (0%)
Divorced, currently married again
2 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on September 27, 2011, 03:21:31 PM
To watch? Yup.

For one, people in their mid-40s generally did not grow up using the 'net and often aren't real comfy with using it for such intimate matters. They aren't used, for example, to the sheer level of bullshit that must be filtered.

As opposed to other means of dating where everybody is straight up and honest.  In any case I never had any more problems with internet dating than I had with meeting people other means.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2011, 03:49:56 PM
To watch? Yup.

For one, people in their mid-40s generally did not grow up using the 'net and often aren't real comfy with using it for such intimate matters. They aren't used, for example, to the sheer level of bullshit that must be filtered.

As opposed to other means of dating where everybody is straight up and honest.  In any case I never had any more problems with internet dating than I had with meeting people other means.

When I was dating I could tell the difference between an 18 year old female and a 40 year old male trucker.  Probably still can if I meet them in person.

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 27, 2011, 03:19:16 PM
Yes it is.  To watch anyway.  I can understand how people forced to use such tools might downplay their plight.
Fuck you too.  :mad:

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 27, 2011, 03:52:12 PM
When I was dating I could tell the difference between an 18 year old female and a 40 year old male trucker.  Probably still can if I meet them in person.

If you are in your 40s and you are hitting on people online thinking they are 18 year old girls you probably already have problems.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

To watch? Yup.

and I take it you choose the trucker everytime? :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2011, 03:53:44 PM

If you are in your 40s and you are hitting on people online thinking they are 18 year old girls you probably already have problems.

Not the least of which is you are hitting on what you think is an 18 year old through the internet...

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on September 27, 2011, 03:55:39 PM
To watch? Yup.

and I take it you choose the trucker everytime? :P

Valmy says if I didnt I would have problems.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 27, 2011, 03:55:53 PM
Not the least of which is you are hitting on what you think is an 18 year old through the internet...

I never once had this problem despite internet dating for several years.  Not that I had many 18 year olds I was dating once I got past a certain age.  In fact at no time did I ever meet somebody for a date who was not basically who she said she was.

HVC

My numbers were wrong btw. It's 25% not 20%. Chalk it up to a generational thing.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 27, 2011, 03:56:21 PM

Hey I just think it is sorta creepy when you are hitting on people young enough to be your kids.  But I get not everybody feels that way.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2011, 04:00:26 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 27, 2011, 03:56:21 PM

Hey I just think it is sorta creepy when you are hitting on people young enough to be your kids.  But I get not everybody feels that way.
queue " dazed and confused" clip

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2011, 03:57:28 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 27, 2011, 03:55:53 PM

I never once had this problem despite internet dating for several years.  Not that I had many 18 year olds I was dating once I got past a certain age.  In fact at no time did I ever meet somebody for a date who was not basically who she said she was.
:yes:

Malthus

Kinda hard to disguise what you look like when you see someone in person ...   ;)

I've known many people my age who have gotten 'stung' internet dating, mostly by misrepresentations based on appearance - some folks seem to think, if they can get the face-to-face, there is a chance the other person will go for it anyway.   :D

It does make things easier if you are into hooking up a lot for just sex, though, particularly if you are female - they have the advantage there. My secretary loves doing that.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

I think we hit a sensitive spot with Valmy.  HVC makes a time honoured joke about truckers pretending to be teenage girls and V takes it all very seriously.  Me thinks he protests too much.

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on September 27, 2011, 04:07:04 PM

It does make things easier if you are into hooking up a lot for just sex, though, particularly if you are female - they have the advantage there. My secretary loves doing that.
Pics :contract: :P