News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languish marriage poll

Started by Brazen, September 27, 2011, 08:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever been or intend to be married?

Never married, will never marry
15 (23.1%)
Never married, intend to marry
17 (26.2%)
Currently married
27 (41.5%)
Divorced, will never marry again
4 (6.2%)
Divrorced, intend to marry again
0 (0%)
Divorced, currently married again
2 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Neil

Quote from: AnchorClanker on September 27, 2011, 07:42:45 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2011, 07:41:14 PM
Malthus will be retrained so that he can perform a job that isn't socially destructive.
Yukon Jack distributor?
Oil Shale huckster?
Pipeline impresario?
Toronto protection racket guru?
All of those things are less destructive to society than a lawyer (except for the pipeline thing, which is an attack on my people).  They're either purveyors of harmless vices, suppliers of critically important resources or petty criminals.  The lawyer is serpent who poisons society with confusion, lies, litigiousness, intolerance and apathy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

You people know where I stand on this issue.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2011, 07:55:56 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on September 27, 2011, 07:42:45 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2011, 07:41:14 PM
Malthus will be retrained so that he can perform a job that isn't socially destructive.
Yukon Jack distributor?
Oil Shale huckster?
Pipeline impresario?
Toronto protection racket guru?
All of those things are less destructive to society than a lawyer (except for the pipeline thing, which is an attack on my people).  They're either purveyors of harmless vices, suppliers of critically important resources or petty criminals.  The lawyer is serpent who poisons society with confusion, lies, litigiousness, intolerance and apathy.

:rolleyes:

Sometimes, just sometimes, a lawyer (a barrister even) if the one who protects and defends society.  You know - one who represents the authorities, The Crown even...

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on September 27, 2011, 10:51:17 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 27, 2011, 10:30:00 PM

Actually, I don't.

He feels much the same about marriage as you do about the "Tea Party".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2011, 04:28:29 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 27, 2011, 04:07:04 PM
Kinda hard to disguise what you look like when you see someone in person ...   ;)

You can misrepresent yourself other ways though.

Like already having a BF and lying about it.
Although that happens in non-internet dating too, so yeah :D
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

The Brain

What's the problem with internet dating? Seems to work great.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on September 27, 2011, 04:17:01 PM
Quote from: HVC on September 27, 2011, 04:09:12 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 27, 2011, 04:07:04 PM

It does make things easier if you are into hooking up a lot for just sex, though, particularly if you are female - they have the advantage there. My secretary loves doing that.
Pics :contract: :P

The only pic I actually have is her professional profile pic.

She's a bit older than me, but still gets lots of action. She's in great shape, body-wise.

Malthus, I accept your secretary as she is.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on September 27, 2011, 04:55:01 PM
Hey hey hey. Let's get back to the important matter at Hand. Namely getting Malthus to get a hot secretary and then, just as importantly, setting me up with said hot secretary :perv:

Allegedly my secretary is the hottest one in our office.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on September 27, 2011, 11:01:53 PM
:rolleyes:

Sometimes, just sometimes, a lawyer (a barrister even) if the one who protects and defends society.  You know - one who represents the authorities, The Crown even...
Not really.  They still work within a system that their fellows have utterly corrupted.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 27, 2011, 11:38:22 PM

Actually, I don't.

I've never exploited a Tea Party member and used her allegiance to it as leverage.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on September 28, 2011, 08:39:04 AM

Actually, I don't.

I've never exploited a Tea Party member and used her allegiance to it as leverage.

I'd love to find a Tea Party chick, and make her watch Hoffa as I assfuck her from behind.

HVC

I'm sure you can work something out with cal :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valdemar

Drakken

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 28, 2011, 09:32:33 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 28, 2011, 08:39:04 AM

Actually, I don't.

I'd love to find a Tea Party chick, and make her watch Hoffa as I assfuck her from behind.

"Do as I say, love, or I'll tell your precious fellow Teabaggers that you are a closeted Obama-lover and show the pictures of him in presidential poses that I've found hidden in your drawer stash". :contract: