News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languish marriage poll

Started by Brazen, September 27, 2011, 08:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever been or intend to be married?

Never married, will never marry
15 (23.1%)
Never married, intend to marry
17 (26.2%)
Currently married
27 (41.5%)
Divorced, will never marry again
4 (6.2%)
Divrorced, intend to marry again
0 (0%)
Divorced, currently married again
2 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2011, 04:28:29 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 27, 2011, 04:07:04 PM
Kinda hard to disguise what you look like when you see someone in person ...   ;)

You can misrepresent yourself other ways though.

Of course. The anonimity of the 'net just provides *more* opportunity for misrepresentation, by making it easier to misrepresent more things.

Edit: woah simulpost.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 27, 2011, 04:30:12 PM
Granted but the opportunities for misrepresentation are much greater on-line.  Not sure why you are fighting on this point. 

I am not fighting jack I am simply reporting my own experience.  It was never an issue.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Hard to choose for me. I don't think I can say I will "never marry" but I do not "intend to marry" in future either. However I do not exclude the possibility if laws in Poland changed and I thought it was a good idea at the time.

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on September 27, 2011, 04:33:32 PM
Hard to choose for me. I don't think I can say I will "never marry" but I do not "intend to marry" in future either. However I do not exclude the possibility if laws in Poland changed and I thought it was a good idea at the time.

You might say - you'd "vote with your feet"?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Hey hey hey. Let's get back to the important matter at Hand. Namely getting Malthus to get a hot secretary and then, just as importantly, setting me up with said hot secretary :perv:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Maximus

What the fuck does everyone have against truckers?

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on September 27, 2011, 04:07:04 PM
It does make things easier if you are into hooking up a lot for just sex, though, particularly if you are female - they have the advantage there. My secretary loves doing that.
You shouldn't talk to your secretary about things like this.  What's the Canadian equivalent of the EEOC?  I'm reporting you to them. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

Quote from: HVC on September 27, 2011, 04:55:01 PM
Hey hey hey. Let's get back to the important matter at Hand. Namely getting Malthus to get a hot secretary and then, just as importantly, setting me up with said hot secretary :perv:
I have a hot secretary :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 27, 2011, 11:25:12 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 27, 2011, 10:37:09 AM
Never married, but S and I are going to as soon as we can afford to do something nicer than two witnesses at city hall.
Why?

Use you money for stuff that matters, like a nice place to live.
He lives in the US.  Thanks to the housing crash, he could get a 'nice place to live' (relatively, because he's still in the US) for three bus tokens, an elastic band and a lollypop from the doctor's office.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: viper37 on September 27, 2011, 06:27:23 PM
Quote from: HVC on September 27, 2011, 04:55:01 PM
I have a hot secretary :)

You're too far away :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Quote from: Malthus on September 27, 2011, 02:53:41 PM
From a social POV, it is desireable - particularly if "traditional" marriage has gone by the wayside.

Support obligations prevent the poorer of the couple from (on average) being more likely to fall into into poverty and be supported by social services.
Wrong.  It is undesirable because it increases the power of courts and lawyers.  Because you can rest assured that courts and lawyers are pretty much never working in your interest, it is wise to support limiting them in every way possible, with an eye towards abolishing them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Naturally: 'never married - never will marry'.

-----

Some people thrive on this - I don't.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2011, 07:15:04 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 27, 2011, 02:53:41 PM
From a social POV, it is desireable - particularly if "traditional" marriage has gone by the wayside.

Support obligations prevent the poorer of the couple from (on average) being more likely to fall into into poverty and be supported by social services.
Wrong.  It is undesirable because it increases the power of courts and lawyers.  Because you can rest assured that courts and lawyers are pretty much never working in your interest, it is wise to support limiting them in every way possible, with an eye towards abolishing them.
:secret: Malthus is a lawyer.

Neil

Malthus will be retrained so that he can perform a job that isn't socially destructive.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2011, 07:41:14 PM
Malthus will be retrained so that he can perform a job that isn't socially destructive.

Yukon Jack distributor?
Oil Shale huckster?
Pipeline impresario?
Toronto protection racket guru?
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr