News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Troy Davis execution

Started by Capetan Mihali, September 21, 2011, 04:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Off-duty, working security at Burger King and intervening in a fight.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

11B4V

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 21, 2011, 11:21:36 PM
Off-duty, working security at Burger King and intervening in a fight.
Your point??
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Capetan Mihali

Not a cop-killer, and a reasonable doubt it wasn't Troy Davis who killed him.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

11B4V

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 21, 2011, 11:23:05 PM

Cop killer, and CONVICTED
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: 11B4V on September 21, 2011, 11:24:24 PM

And KILLED.   Hope everyone related to the deceased is transformed miraculously by this killing and never feels the pain of their loss again.   God knows the death penalty can do that at least.   :)

11B4V

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 21, 2011, 11:26:54 PM

And KILLED.   Hope everyone related to the deceased is transformed miraculously by this killing and never feels the pain of their loss again.   God knows the death penalty can do that at least.   :)
Yes, troy davis was put to death

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: 11B4V on September 21, 2011, 11:43:19 PM

Hope it gives you at least some happiness to know Georgia killed him.   :)

Neil

A murderer died.  That's what justice is like.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 21, 2011, 11:45:25 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 21, 2011, 11:43:19 PM

Hope it gives you at least some happiness to know Georgia killed him.   :)
;)

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 21, 2011, 11:09:24 PM
Quote from: Maximus on September 21, 2011, 11:05:06 PM
Quote from: viper37 on September 21, 2011, 10:49:10 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 21, 2011, 08:16:10 PM
So, wrongfully sending a guy to prison for the rest of his life is not that bad?
It is bad.  It is not as bad as killing him. 
It's worse.

I concur.

Also agree.  A prison is no place for a human being.  Give people the dignity and mercy of a swift death, not a slow one.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on September 21, 2011, 08:16:10 PM
I think that was sort of my argument, with which Berkut agreed, IIRC.  However, the point of my argument was that it's kind of stupid to attack death penalty because there could have been a wrongful conviction.  So, wrongfully sending a guy to prison for the rest of his life is not that bad?  This is an argument against wrongful conviction, not against death penalty.

As a statistician you should know this argument is bullshit. Assuming death penalty actually means execution (and not someone being kept on the death row for the rest of his natural life span as is sometimes the case), a chance of finding evidence that the conviction was wrongful while the guy is still alive is much greater if he is in prison than if he is sentenced to death. If that happens he can still be let out and compensated somehow - a dead guy cannot.

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on September 21, 2011, 08:23:47 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 21, 2011, 08:18:58 PM
Well, you can sorta fix a wrongful jail sentence.  You can let him go and hope bygones will be bygones.  If you execute him, there's less chance of that.
You can't take back years or decades of someone's life.  Making the puishment partially reversible isn't really a compelling fix to the wrongful conviction problem.

Again, you must realize this argument is bullshit - otherwise you would have no job as insurance would be useless. We compensate financially for various wrongs or harms done to people all the time. Why should this be different? The only case when someone cannot be compensated for a harm done to him, obviously, is when that person is dead.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 21, 2011, 10:17:56 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2011, 04:59:03 PM
I'm just pointing out than in Europe we have decided universally that death penalty is a basic violation of human rights.

I'm rather happy to be a part of culture that considers human life to be more valuable than an ability to express a belief in imaginary creatures.

You're so happy being part of a culture that considers human life to be more valuable than an ability to express a belief in imaginary creatures, why don't you come out of the closet already and find out exactly how much that culture values your human life, cocknibbler.

Define "coming out of the closet". I said I'm gay to my parents, all my friends, my boss, several of my coworkers and my ex-coworkers. I don't wear a pink triangle but I think this pretty much counts for being out of the closet. Also I never pretend or pretended that I'm straight. Are you saying that in order to be out, you have to tell every individual you meet that you are gay?

Martinus

Quote from: 11B4V on September 21, 2011, 11:11:31 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 21, 2011, 10:20:30 PM
Troy Anthony Davis, 10/9/1968 -- 11:08pm EST, 9/21/2011. 

Cause of death: homicide.

Military veteran

Cause of Death: Murdered by Troy Davis

He looks mildly retarded. Perhaps it was euthanasia.

Besides, with this hairdo and stache, he should have been executed for the crimes against style.

Edit: Sorry, just saw he was a military veteran. So yes, he actually was at least mildly retarded.

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on September 22, 2011, 01:26:24 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 21, 2011, 11:11:31 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 21, 2011, 10:20:30 PM
Troy Anthony Davis, 10/9/1968 -- 11:08pm EST, 9/21/2011. 

Cause of death: homicide.

Military veteran

Cause of Death: Murdered by Troy Davis

He looks mildly retarded. Perhaps it was euthanasia.

Besides, with this hairdo and stache, he should have been executed for the crimes against style.

Edit: Sorry, just saw he was a military veteran. So yes, he actually was at least mildly retarded.

Blame and demonize the vic. Typical Euro. Nice attempt at a troll..fag.