News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 Week 1

Started by Neil, September 08, 2011, 07:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2011, 08:53:49 PM
He's been moved to RT.  They signed Bryant McKinnie for LT.

Guess there won't be a Blind Side II.

Where does Ogden fit in then?

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 09, 2011, 08:55:01 PM

Where does Ogden fit in then?
Retired.  He's not coming back.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 09, 2011, 08:55:01 PM

No, he's had major issues adjusting to the pro game at LT.  He's a mauler, and he belongs on the right side.

QuoteWhere does Ogden fit in then?

He's been retired for 3 years, Superfan.

derspiess

We flew in to this tiny airport in downtown Cleveland-- right by the stadium, only to take a bus out to the BFE Hilton.  Got a kick out of the flight-- pretty much none of the normal rules apply.  Leave your phone on, watch video on your ipad during takeoff and landing, nobody cares.

And they constantly have meals or snacktime.  No wonder my brother put on so much weight when he started with the team.

Not much work for me today other than setting up some AV stuff.  There will supposedly be a poker game after the 9:15 snack.  Hopefully I can separate a couple coaches from some of their money.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Tell Frostee Rucker to produce. Tell him that an internet guy is pissed off at him.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on September 10, 2011, 07:22:27 PM
We flew in to this tiny airport in downtown Cleveland-- right by the stadium, only to take a bus out to the BFE Hilton.  Got a kick out of the flight-- pretty much none of the normal rules apply.  Leave your phone on, watch video on your ipad during takeoff and landing, nobody cares.

And they constantly have meals or snacktime.  No wonder my brother put on so much weight when he started with the team.

Not much work for me today other than setting up some AV stuff.  There will supposedly be a poker game after the 9:15 snack.  Hopefully I can separate a couple coaches from some of their money.

Is this a paying gig or are you just hustling a free ticket?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 10, 2011, 07:46:27 PM
Is this a paying gig or are you just hustling a free ticket?

My brother had one of his guys quit on him a few days ago, so I'm filling in to help him out until he finds a permanent replacement.  Otherwise I'd prefer to be home this weekend & watch the game on TV. 

But yeah, I am getting paid.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on September 10, 2011, 08:16:31 PM
My brother had one of his guys quit on him a few days ago, so I'm filling in to help him out until he finds a permanent replacement.  Otherwise I'd prefer to be home this weekend & watch the game on TV. 

But yeah, I am getting paid.

C'mon man, don't be such a cynic.  You're part of the big show baby!

CountDeMoney

Being part of "the big show" with the Bengals is like being in an infomercial audience and saying you're "in television".

Neil

Could be worse.  He could be working for the Raiders.  Marvin Lewis is unlikely to punch him out if the photos aren't just so.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Neil on September 10, 2011, 10:50:04 PM
Could be worse.  He could be working for the Raiders.  Marvin Lewis is unlikely to punch him out if the photos aren't just so.
Tom Cable is a Seahawk now, thank you very much. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

ESPN GameDay added an extra hour.  Swell.  3 hours of Steeler cockworship.

Neil

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 11, 2011, 02:57:25 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 10, 2011, 10:50:04 PM
Tom Cable is a Seahawk now, thank you very much. :lol:
Yeah, but Carroll would never let him punch anyone.  That guy makes Dick Vermeil look positively taciturn.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 06:37:45 AM
Well, just imagine how tired you'll be of maudlin looks back at 9/11 by the end of the day.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 06:37:45 AM

3 hours of Cris Carter and Keyshawn.  :yucky:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive