News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 Week 1

Started by Neil, September 08, 2011, 07:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 06:37:45 AM
ESPN GameDay added an extra hour.  Swell.  3 hours of Steeler cockworship.

Just played Stellers@Ravens in Madden '12. Steelers win 14-10. With 0:45 to go at 14-7, Flacco throws two touchdown passes from the Steelers 23 in a row, but both are ruled just barely incomplete by the refs while a similar play that eventually led to the 14-0 TD for the Steelers was given fair. Though you'd appreciate that. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2011, 08:54:26 PM
Being part of "the big show" with the Bengals is like being in an infomercial audience and saying you're "in television".

Yeah, this year anyway.  I can't recognize more than a handful of players without their uniforms on. 

Well, Dalton sticks out anyway.  He's sitting in front of me on the bus right now.

edit: Shipley just got on & sat next to Dalton.  You know the guys whom you can tell play football even when they're not suited up?  He's not one of them.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on September 11, 2011, 07:06:10 AM
Well, just imagine how tired you'll be of maudlin looks back at 9/11 by the end of the day.

I'd rather watch 3 hours of Mohammed Atta than Head n' Shoulders and that smirking DUI With The Stars.

I hope Bernard Pollard twists that bitch's cap back across the middle today.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 11, 2011, 08:10:46 AM

Just played Stellers@Ravens in Madden '12. Steelers win 14-10. With 0:45 to go at 14-7, Flacco throws two touchdown passes from the Steelers 23 in a row, but both are ruled just barely incomplete by the refs while a similar play that eventually led to the 14-0 TD for the Steelers was given fair. Though you'd appreciate that. :P

Even video game coding can't escape the reach of NFL Properties(tm).  :lol:

CountDeMoney

I'm not making any predictions, but the Ravens have to--
1) put Rapistburger down when they get their hands on him, and not let him do his playground bullshit;
2) account for Head n Shoulders on every down;
3) keep Flacco upright in the pocket.

Neil

I beat the Steelers 27-14 yesterday morning on Madden.  Roethlisberger threw a pick-6 to Ray in the first quarter, and it must have rattled him because he got sacked 7 times.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

I really think Rapistburger's going to pick on the secondary, so don't be surprised to see big numbers.

I was listening to the local radio and they had one of the Post-Gazette's writers on;  he said the Ravens are going to be a better team in November than they are now, namely because of all the OL questions and the late signings of impact position free agents, so the Steelheads are justifiably confident going into M&T Stadium Week 1 instead of Week 12.

I'm not holding any unreasonable expectations about today.

Syt

Yeah, I guess that's what itboils down to. Ravens offense still need to gel after all the changes, while the Steelers are doing same old, same old. The major problem for them is that Harrison isn't 100% fit yet. Still, anything can happen. If Ben throws unnecessary interceptions again like in the Super Bowl ...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

9/11 1:00 ET At Baltimore -1 Pittsburgh
9/11 1:00 ET At Tampa Bay -1 Detroit
9/11 1:00 ET Atlanta -2 At Chicago
9/11 1:00 ET At Kansas City -4 Buffalo
9/11 1:00 ET At Houston -9 Indianapolis
9/11 1:00 ET Philadelphia -4 At St. Louis
9/11 1:00 ET At Cleveland -6.5 Cincinnati
9/11 1:00 ET Tennessee -1.5 At Jacksonville
9/11 4:15 ET NY Giants -2 At Washington
9/11 4:15 ET At Arizona -6.5 Carolina
9/11 4:15 ET At San Francisco -6 Seattle
9/11 4:15 ET At San Diego -9 Minnesota
9/11 8:25 ET At NY Jets -6 Dallas

Monday Night Football Point Spread

9/12 7:00 ET New England -7 At Miami
9/12 10:15 ET At Denver -3 Oakland

Little surprised by that BAL PIT line.  If I knew a bookie I would definitely put a couple ducats on the Steelers to cover.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 11, 2011, 11:43:38 AM
The major problem for them is that Harrison isn't 100% fit yet.

Ed Reed has been saying this is the best he's felt since coming into the league.

CountDeMoney

That memorial moment was nice from Pennsylvania, broadcast to all stadiums.  Taps, nothing more.  It was wonderful.

Neil

McKinnie just erased Harrison on that running play.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Syt

You gotta be fucking kidding me. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 11, 2011, 12:08:35 PM
You gotta be fucking kidding me. :lol:

What are you worried about, refs don't take the calls from the league office until the 4th quarter.