News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 Week 1

Started by Neil, September 08, 2011, 07:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 12:07:21 PM
That memorial moment was nice from Pennsylvania, broadcast to all stadiums.  Taps, nothing more.  It was wonderful.
Yeah.  A little talk by DeNiro, and then something short and classy.  I'm incredibly impressed at the ability of the NFL to navigate the line of good taste.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 12:07:21 PM
That memorial moment was nice from Pennsylvania, broadcast to all stadiums.  Taps, nothing more.  It was wonderful.

Yes, quite a goosebumps moment.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

My AFL game is Bills Chiefs. :yuk:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 11, 2011, 12:19:27 PM
My AFL game is Bills Chiefs. :yuk:

lol, not-Kemp versus not-Dawson.

Don't worry, you get the Cowboys and Jets tonight on ESPN.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 12:20:43 PM
Don't worry, you get the Cowboys and Jets tonight on ESPN.
The Superhype Bowl.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Holy shit, did you see what Bryant McKinnie did to Harrison on that Dickson catch? HOW'S THE BACK NOW

Neil

Well, the refs are stepping in to correct the imbalance.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 12:25:18 PM
Holy shit, did you see what Bryant McKinnie did to Harrison on that Dickson catch? HOW'S THE BACK NOW

Which, interestingly enough, wasn't a hold. But we knew that.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 12:25:18 PM
Yeah, but beating a Steeler like a rented mule is called 'holding' in the NFL.

CountDeMoney

I'm glad you saw it, because when I see it and say something, I'm a conspiracy nut.

Neil

T-Sizzle just blew the rapist up.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 11:10:10 AM
1) put Rapistburger down when they get their hands on him, and not let him do his playground bullshit;

Whaddaye say? Whaddaye say?

Neil

Hey, has Joe Flacco gone 5/5, 84 yards and a TD in about ten minutes of football?

All those Joe haters can fucking die.

MadBurgerMaker

Okay, the last two Colts plays were turnovers inside their own 20 which resulted in two Texans TDs. 

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2011, 12:28:01 PM
I'm glad you saw it, because when I see it and say something, I'm a conspiracy nut.

:lol:

Good for you then that Neil, the voice of Raven objectivity, happened to be around.