Finally, the gub'mint is aware of the Canadian menace

Started by Ed Anger, April 22, 2009, 02:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2009, 12:20:27 PM
Looks like the Obama Administration has found its Joycelin Elders  :lol:

My brother used to make fun of her, her accent, and her positions nonstop.  :lol:

"Master-BASHAWN is a sal-UTASHAWN"
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 22, 2009, 02:50:39 PM
Well, Janet Napolitano is on the case.

http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper/story.html?id=1520295

QuoteCan someone please tell us how U. S. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano got her job? She appears to be about as knowledgeable about border issues as a late-night radio call-in yahoo.

In an interview broadcast Monday on the CBC, Ms. Napolitano attempted to justify her call for stricter border security on the premise that "suspected or known terrorists" have entered the U. S. across the Canadian border, including the perpetrators of the 9/11 attack.

All the 9/11 terrorists, of course, entered the United States directly from overseas. The notion that some arrived via Canada is a myth that briefly popped up in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, and was then quickly debunked.

Informed of her error, Ms. Napolitano blustered: "I can't talk to that. I can talk about the future. And here's the future. The future is we have borders."

Just what does that mean, exactly?

Just a few weeks ago, Ms. Napolitano equated Canada's border to Mexico's, suggesting they deserved the same treatment. Mexico is engulfed in a drug war that left more than 5,000 dead last year, and which is spawning a spillover kidnapping epidemic in Arizona. So many Mexicans enter the United States illegally that a multi-billion-dollar barrier has been built from Texas to California to keep them out.

In Canada, on the other hand, the main problem is congestion resulting from cross-border trade. Not quite the same thing, is it?

I'm also watching you Canucks. Oh yes. WOLVERINE!

The biggest flaw in her bad equation is that Mexicans actually WANT to go to the US. Canadians have no interest in moving to the US (more jobs here) unless they are actors or musicians ... who really don't count.

I haven't been across the line in over 10 years. meh. I get my USA right here at Languish. :p
:p

Ed Anger

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 23, 2009, 12:34:38 PM

The biggest flaw in her bad equation is that Mexicans actually WANT to go to the US. Canadians have no interest in moving to the US (more jobs here) unless they are actors or musicians ... who really don't count.

I haven't been across the line in over 10 years. meh. I get my USA right here at Languish. :p

The problem with Canadians is the constant stream of them heading south towards Florida on the Interstates in the winter. I have learned a few things about Canadians from this:

1) They can't drive worth a shit
2) The smug look they have on their faces when they have to place their godly feet outside the car at a gas station
3) They can't drive worth a shit
4) Canadian change. WHEN YOU GIVE ME A QUARTER BACK, IT BETTER BE AMERICAN BUB.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2009, 10:36:21 AM
Tried and was detected and the threat thwarted.

The system worked.
A good argument or leaving things as is if you believe the threat is static.

saskganesh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2009, 02:07:47 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2009, 10:36:21 AM
Tried and was detected and the threat thwarted.

The system worked.
A good argument or leaving things as is if you believe the threat is static.

so you think the threat is increasing?
humans were created in their own image

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 23, 2009, 01:13:25 PM

Why does this matter? It's still a freaking quarter, worth a freaking quarter.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 23, 2009, 02:59:39 PM

Because technically it isn't.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 23, 2009, 02:59:39 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 23, 2009, 01:13:25 PM

I don't want your goddamn quarters, that is why.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2009, 03:00:15 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on April 23, 2009, 02:58:42 PM
I think it is evolving.

Clearly, the best way to counter this protean threat is to annoy people attempting to shop in Buffalo.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 23, 2009, 12:23:25 PM
My brother used to make fun of her, her accent, and her positions nonstop.  :lol:
"Master-BASHAWN is a sal-UTASHAWN"

The woman was a gold mine of quotes, from her cryptic analogy of "dancing with a bear" to professing to be a fan of "Eric Clapner" :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on April 23, 2009, 03:05:00 PM
Clearly, the best way to counter this protean threat is to annoy people attempting to shop in Buffalo.

I think I shared one of my border crossing stories here before.  A couple of years ago my wife and I took our kids to Seattle to watch the Yankees play.  After an hour wait at the border we finally rolled up to the border patrol officer.  In years past they would normally recocognize us for what we were, tell us to have a good time and we would be on our way.

This time after I explained that we were going down to see the game he started grilling me about what who played what position.  I had no idea for some of them.  I felt like I was in a really bad WWII movie.  Then, probably thinking he was cunning, he asked me what my real business going to the States was.  I just looked at him in disbelief.  After a moment of silence I told him again we were going to the baseball game.  He then demanded to see proof and we produced the tickets.  Thank god we didnt have "will call" tickets which is what we normally do.   He then spent a good 5 minutes being a complete ass examining the tickets and wondering if they were fakes.

If that is how a middle aged conservative family man is treated at the border I wonder how bad it is for others.

As a result of that kind of harrassment on subsequent trips we have drastically cut our car trips to the US despite how much I love going to Washington State.  If the US government wants to prevent us from coming, they are doing a darn good job of it.

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

crazy canuck

Quote from: saskganesh on April 23, 2009, 04:21:28 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2009, 03:00:15 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on April 23, 2009, 02:58:42 PM
I think it is evolving.
into?

Something that is so threatening that it must be just like the threat from illegal mexican immigrants.

katmai

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 23, 2009, 04:21:05 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 23, 2009, 03:05:00 PM

I think I shared one of my border crossing stories here before. 

I've mentioned how US border patrol in Montana asked me with my Alaska license plate on car and Driver license "how long do you plan on staying in the country"

I just stared at him for like 15-30 secs before saying how ever long i feel like. :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son