Finally, the gub'mint is aware of the Canadian menace

Started by Ed Anger, April 22, 2009, 02:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: grumbler on April 26, 2009, 09:17:24 AM
Well, if we are being metaphysical, no one's perceptions really match up with reality. :smarty:
What if my perception is that my perceptions doesn't match up with reality?  I sense a slippery slope here, and I don't mean a Greasy Yi, either.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

I think someone has a chip on their shoulder when it comes to people in authority.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on April 26, 2009, 09:19:45 AM
Quote from: Oexmelin on April 26, 2009, 09:07:18 AM
Of course. Just like your perception of border crossing does not really match up the reality of border crossing.
Well, if we are being metaphysical, no one's perceptions really match up with reality. :smarty:
Wrong.
Exception noted.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on April 26, 2009, 02:54:00 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 26, 2009, 09:19:45 AM
Quote from: Oexmelin on April 26, 2009, 09:07:18 AM
Of course. Just like your perception of border crossing does not really match up the reality of border crossing.
Wrong.
Exception noted.
Thank you.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Oexmelin

This day in history:

QuoteMay 24th 1942. In the United States... When the Royal Canadian Air Force's 115th Fighter Squadron lands at Alaska's Annette Island, a US Customs officer refuses to let the pilots out of their planes until they pay duty on their arms and equipment. It takes a message from Secretary of State Cordell Hull granting the Canadians Distinguished Foreign Visitor status to permit them to enter American soil.

Source: La Seconde Guerre mondiale au jour le jour.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Neil

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 25, 2009, 07:04:20 PM
This day in history:

QuoteMay 24th 1942. In the United States... When the Royal Canadian Air Force's 115th Fighter Squadron lands at Alaska's Annette Island, a US Customs officer refuses to let the pilots out of their planes until they pay duty on their arms and equipment. It takes a message from Secretary of State Cordell Hull granting the Canadians Distinguished Foreign Visitor status to permit them to enter American soil.

Source: La Seconde Guerre mondiale au jour le jour.
Yeah, well 65 years ago today Alanbrooke had dinner with Winston Churchill during which Churchill was critical of FDR's plan to broadcast a message to Germany on D-Day and positive concerning the war in the Pacific.

Still, it goes to show you that customs people the world over are as petty as it is possible to be.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.