Finally, the gub'mint is aware of the Canadian menace

Started by Ed Anger, April 22, 2009, 02:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Well, Janet Napolitano is on the case.

http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper/story.html?id=1520295

QuoteCan someone please tell us how U. S. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano got her job? She appears to be about as knowledgeable about border issues as a late-night radio call-in yahoo.

In an interview broadcast Monday on the CBC, Ms. Napolitano attempted to justify her call for stricter border security on the premise that "suspected or known terrorists" have entered the U. S. across the Canadian border, including the perpetrators of the 9/11 attack.

All the 9/11 terrorists, of course, entered the United States directly from overseas. The notion that some arrived via Canada is a myth that briefly popped up in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, and was then quickly debunked.

Informed of her error, Ms. Napolitano blustered: "I can't talk to that. I can talk about the future. And here's the future. The future is we have borders."

Just what does that mean, exactly?

Just a few weeks ago, Ms. Napolitano equated Canada's border to Mexico's, suggesting they deserved the same treatment. Mexico is engulfed in a drug war that left more than 5,000 dead last year, and which is spawning a spillover kidnapping epidemic in Arizona. So many Mexicans enter the United States illegally that a multi-billion-dollar barrier has been built from Texas to California to keep them out.

In Canada, on the other hand, the main problem is congestion resulting from cross-border trade. Not quite the same thing, is it?

I'm also watching you Canucks. Oh yes. WOLVERINE!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

We have to stop all that damn cold air from crossing the border every winter.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

I want to go back to the past when we didn't have borders. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

She has time to learn about all this, because she has no life... remember?  :)

Seriously, does anyone actually believe that any Cabinet-level appointees generally have any idea what goes on in their departments on a daily, weekly, or even yearly basis?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on April 22, 2009, 03:01:21 PM
She has time to learn about all this, because she has no life... remember?  :)

Seriously, does anyone actually believe that any Cabinet-level appointees generally have any idea what goes on in their departments on a daily, weekly, or even yearly basis?

Annual basis? :perv:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

"The future is we have borders."

She should post on Languish.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Savonarola

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 22, 2009, 03:02:40 PM
Go ahead build a wall.

That could make America safer; if we put Detroit and Buffalo on the Canada side...
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on April 22, 2009, 03:11:16 PM
That could make America safer; if we put Detroit and Buffalo on the Canada side...

I think Sav should be the Homeland Security Secretary.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

QuoteThe future is we have borders.

No U.S. world conquest?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Speaking of stupid people, a Polish MP recently raised a question during the PM question time whether the government is doing anything to stop "Polish storks" from being killed in the Med when they migrate South for winter.  :D

Meanwhile, the press reported how evil Czech and German wolves cross our Southern border and kill poor Polish sheep.

DisturbedPervert

Let the Canadians in, and next thing you know everyone will be drinking bag milk.   :mad:

lustindarkness

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 22, 2009, 03:23:14 PM
Let the Canadians in, and next thing you know everyone will be drinking bag milk.   :mad:
:o
NOOOOOO!!!!111
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Hansmeister

I think she confused it with the millenium plot, which did try to enter from Canada.

Of course a few days ago she did also claim that it is not a crime to enter the US illegally.  :huh: