News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Breaking: Turkey expels Israeli ambassador

Started by Martinus, September 02, 2011, 11:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

It's just as well the Israelis have the Arabs, otherwise the former would be their own worst enemy.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Martinus on September 14, 2011, 02:41:13 AM
You are wrong. My anti-Israelism is not based in anti-semitism but hatred of right wing, nationalistic and religious-heavy ideologies.

Don't sweat it, Mart.  To hear them tell it, the Israelis have trouble making that distinction, too.

Call 'em out for being hamfisted, and you're automatically an anti-semite.
Experience bij!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on September 15, 2011, 03:55:08 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but it was the Turks who decided to draw Israeli aggro, in an effort to switch their focus from the EU to Muslim dominance.
The Turks and Israelis had minor spats but were still reasonably close until the Gaza war.  The year before that Peres was praising the Turks and they were being used mediators with Syria.  It's only three or four years ago that Peres addressed the Turkish Parliament and Abdullah Gul was trying to negotiate Shalit's release, with Israeli backing.

Gaza, I think, changed everything it made the Turkish population far less happy with Israel which increased the pressure to take a more strident position.  Immediately after Gaza the current Israeli coalition are elected and I think their foreign policy's been pretty cackhanded since.
Let's bomb Russia!