News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 Week 1

Started by Neil, September 08, 2011, 07:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

QuoteBernard Pollard has final word in spat with Hines Ward

Hines Ward, the Steelers receiver who has a history of late hits against the Ravens, got his comeuppance on Sunday in Baltimore. Not once, but twice.

Early in the game, he tangled with Ravens safety Bernard Pollard and was rendered helpless. Later, he was hammered by linebacker Jarret Johnson after one of Ben Roethlisberger's interceptions.

Pollard, new to the Ravens, had heard about Ward's questionable tactics. When Ward tried to take him down by the facemask on one play, Pollard latched onto Ward's helmet and drove him backward several yards.

"Like I told him, I'm not 190 [pounds], I'm not 205," Pollard said. "I'm every bit of 225 and more, so you know [being physical] is just the way I play the game. That's my style of play. That should fire them up for the next time we play."

The Ravens delivered their message of aggression all game long.

"As a team, I think we stepped up and a lot of the [Steelers] who tried to do certain things after the whistle or during the whistle, I think all phases [of the Ravens' team] show that, hey, enough is enough. What was done in the past is the past. This is 2011 now, and we all stepped up to play."

Pollard said Ward wasn't able to say anything to him.

"No, he couldn't," Pollard said. "You can't say nothing when you're locked up."