News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Which GOP Candidate would get your Vote.

Started by Viking, August 15, 2011, 12:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which GOP Candidate woudl get your vote.

Ron Paul
10 (23.3%)
Mitt Romney
10 (23.3%)
John Huntsman
7 (16.3%)
Michelle Bachman
4 (9.3%)
Sarah Palin (write in)
1 (2.3%)
Rick Per
2 (4.7%)
Newt Gingerich
1 (2.3%)
Jaron
8 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

sbr

Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 03:39:55 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 15, 2011, 03:19:18 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 03:16:31 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 03:08:30 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 03:07:00 PM

Fuck man, whom should I vote for?

A Democrat.  You know, the party most Jews vote for.

I would vote for a centrist democrat, not for an ideologically motivated President bent on redistribution of wealth.

What substantive evidence (i.e. not found on fox news) do you have for the assertion that Obama is ideologically motivated for the redistribution of wealth?

"Wurzelbacher explained that by working hard (10-12 hours a day) he was in a position to buy a business. If he bought a truck and expanded the business, he wondered if his success would be greeted by a penalty in the form of higher taxes.

"Your new tax plan is going to tax me more, isn't it?" Wurzlebacher asked.

"It's not that I want to punish your success," Obama explained. "I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance for success too. My attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody ... I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."

The common good

Spread the wealth around.  That can mean many things. It could mean a rising tide lifts all boats. But it could also mean government taking from one group of people (the people who earned it) and giving it to those who did not.

"

From Dreams of My Father: "I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

From Dreams of My Father: "There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."

From Dreams of My Father: ; "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

From Dreams of My Father: "I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, Dubois and Mandela."

From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

No real show stoppers, but the quotes definitely show an odd pattern of thinking.

You stupid fuck. 

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/06/obamas-dreams-of-my-father/

QuoteAnyone looking for Barack Obama's real sentiments about whites, blacks and Muslims won't find them in this scurrilous collection of falsified, doctored and context-free "quotations." The e-mail claims to feature words taken from Obama's books, "The Audacity of Hope" (2006) and "Dreams from My Father" (1995, republished in 2004). But we found that two of the quotes are false, and others have been manipulated or taken out of context.

We have received many inquiries about this from readers whose suspicions were aroused, with good reason. Aside from the fact that the e-mail incorrectly cites the title of Obama's book as "Dreams of My Father," rather than "Dreams from My Father," you may have noticed that none of the quotes in this e-mail contain page references. This should be a sign to any reader that the author is trying to pull a fast one, betting that you won't take the time to read through all 806 pages of Obama's books to get to the facts.
I can't really post it here in full without some work because of the format and I am going to bed now.  I know it isn't Fox News or Rush Limbaugh and it has some pretty big words but maybe you should have your wife read it to you, hopefully she can explain what it means.

You should do the rest of the world a favor and just stay home on election day if you are going to be so incredibly ignorant about the topic.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

stjaba

QuoteEssentially if Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida still have really high unemployment in 15 months and Rick Perry is the candidate he's going to be in those States talking about how great Texas has been under his watch, how 40% of America's new jobs are in Texas and how he will do similar stuff in Ohio, Florida, and Pennsylvania.

It's interesting that you bring up Florida and Rick Perry.The governor of Florida, Rick Scott, has done everything he can to literally(basically his words) emulate Rick Perry. It appears that Scott and Perry are close: For instance, Scott appeared at Perry's prayer rally via TV.

Not surprisingly, Scott's proposals to slash regulations and corporate taxes to almost nothing, based on Texas's example, have been opposed on the ground that they do nothing to actually help the economy. About 7 months in to his first year, Scott is incredibly unpopular: I believe his approval ratings are around 30%- he would get slaughtered if the election was any time coming up. Quite frankly, if Scott endorsed Perry, it would probably hurt Perry in Florida. And in a general election, I can see Obama attacking Perry in Florida by associating him with Scott.

CountDeMoney

I just want to say using this pic for Gingrich was funny as balls.

Martinus

The prayer rally thingies convince me why catholicism is better than protestantism. Sure, it often means that the catholic church is a dominant force in the country, but there is a clear divide between the clergy and the catholic laymen, such as politicians. It would be unthinkable for a politician to lead a prayer rally in a catholic country - because the church would simply not allow it, seeing it as an usurpation of its domain. So while catholic politicians can and often do participate in religious functions, they do it ostensibly from the same position as ordinary voters - and this prevents the creation of this sort of abominable theocracy-like situations.

Razgovory

Conservatives decieve Siege, News at 11.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on August 16, 2011, 05:01:33 AM
The prayer rally thingies convince me why catholicism is better than protestantism. Sure, it often means that the catholic church is a dominant force in the country, but there is a clear divide between the clergy and the catholic laymen, such as politicians. It would be unthinkable for a politician to lead a prayer rally in a catholic country - because the church would simply not allow it, seeing it as an usurpation of its domain. So while catholic politicians can and often do participate in religious functions, they do it ostensibly from the same position as ordinary voters - and this prevents the creation of this sort of abominable theocracy-like situations.

Some of the biggest names in Roman Catholic politics (Kennedy, Cuomo, Brown, Shriver) didn't do that kind of snake-charmer bullshit.  They went to Mass, did their thing, and left it out of public policy.  Even the Republican ones.  You don't see John Boehner or Newt Gingrich kow-towing to the SBC.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2011, 05:16:33 AM

Some of the biggest names in Roman Catholic politics (Kennedy, Cuomo, Brown, Shriver) didn't do that kind of snake-charmer bullshit.  They went to Mass, did their thing, and left it out of public policy.  Even the Republican ones.  You don't see John Boehner or Newt Gingrich kow-towing to the SBC.

Yeah, although in the US I would guess there is an additional factor of catholic politicians taking an extra care not to appear they are under the thumb of a foreign power (i.e. Vatican) due to historical prejudices.

However, even extremely catholic, fundamentalist politicians simply would not dare to offend a local archbishop or cardinal by usurping the power of leading the congregation. In practice, the benefit is that it means even if there is a very close alliance between the throne and the altar, they are still occupied by two different people - and this means there is a potential for a conflict or at least a dialogue. Historically, whenever the same person is both the high priest and the monarch, this spells trouble.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on August 16, 2011, 06:45:54 AM
Yeah, although in the US I would guess there is an additional factor of catholic politicians taking an extra care not to appear they are under the thumb of a foreign power (i.e. Vatican) due to historical prejudices.

Yeah, that was always the criticism about JFK during his campaign: critics were convinced that he'd have a hotline straight to the Vatican, taking orders from the Pope.  Well, that just wasn't the case.

QuoteHowever, even extremely catholic, fundamentalist politicians simply would not dare to offend a local archbishop or cardinal by usurping the power of leading the congregation. In practice, the benefit is that it means even if there is a very close alliance between the throne and the altar, they are still occupied by two different people - and this means there is a potential for a conflict or at least a dialogue. Historically, whenever the same person is both the high priest and the monarch, this spells trouble.

This is America, where Catholic politicians learned over 100 years ago that the local archdiocese has no pull in electoral issues beyond the weekly bulletin--something the moron Protestantards haven't figured out yet.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2011, 06:50:50 AM

Yeah, that was always the criticism about JFK during his campaign: critics were convinced that he'd have a hotline straight to the Vatican, taking orders from the Pope.  Well, that just wasn't the case.

:yes: Telephones could be tapped, everyone knows that JFK received his orders via encrypted telegrams.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

This is America, where Catholic politicians learned over 100 years ago that the local archdiocese has no pull in electoral issues beyond the weekly bulletin--something the moron Protestantards haven't figured out yet.

Oh, I think many Protestant ministers have a fair amount of pull. A couple(Huckabee, Robertson) have even had decent runs at the GOP Presidential nomination.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

QuoteHowever, even extremely catholic, fundamentalist politicians simply would not dare to offend a local archbishop or cardinal by usurping the power of leading the congregation. In practice, the benefit is that it means even if there is a very close alliance between the throne and the altar, they are still occupied by two different people - and this means there is a potential for a conflict or at least a dialogue. Historically, whenever the same person is both the high priest and the monarch, this spells trouble.

I was at lecture about Missouri Germans in the civil war.  The Catholic dioceses in St. Louis was pro-southern, but none of the parishioners were who overwhelmingly voted for Lincoln and supported the Union.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on August 16, 2011, 07:31:33 AM

I was at lecture about Missouri Germans in the civil war.  The Catholic dioceses in St. Louis was pro-southern, but none of the parishioners were who overwhelmingly voted for Lincoln and supported the Union.
Sounds like a cool lecture. College campus?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 03:47:14 PM
Quote from: Martinus on August 15, 2011, 03:43:29 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 15, 2011, 12:55:03 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 15, 2011, 12:49:24 PM
Santorum pics wouldn't be SFW.
can you suggest pics
You know what "santorum" means in slang now, right? :P
Does anyone actually use that in slang or does is this just something someone decided was a slang term yet nobody knows?
Yeah, it's an attempt by gays to create a new word.  Unfortunately for gays, they're not very cool, so I don't think it'll catch on.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Hey, you might have a point here...  Oh wait, even the best of all the Catholic-dominated countries is still a complete shithole next to the average Protestant-dominated country?  Well, I guess we'll just file this in our 'Stupid Shit That Martinus Says' folder then.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.