Which GOP Candidate would get your Vote.

Started by Viking, August 15, 2011, 12:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which GOP Candidate woudl get your vote.

Ron Paul
10 (23.3%)
Mitt Romney
10 (23.3%)
John Huntsman
7 (16.3%)
Michelle Bachman
4 (9.3%)
Sarah Palin (write in)
1 (2.3%)
Rick Per
2 (4.7%)
Newt Gingerich
1 (2.3%)
Jaron
8 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

HVC

Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 03:23:03 PM
Over my dead body.
I'll give him my vote when he pry it from my cold, dead hands!
still think he's a muslim?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on August 15, 2011, 03:19:18 PM
What substantive evidence (i.e. not found on fox news) do you have for the assertion that Obama is ideologically motivated for the redistribution of wealth?

He has already raised taxes on the non-Schumer class and proposes to do so further, while holding everyone else's taxes down.

Viking

Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 03:23:03 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 03:17:53 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 03:16:31 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 03:08:30 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 03:07:00 PM

Fuck man, whom should I vote for?

A Democrat.  You know, the party most Jews vote for.

I would vote for a centrist democrat, not for an ideologically motivated President bent on redistribution of wealth.

So, you'll vote for Obama?

Over my dead body.
I'll give him my vote when he pry it from my cold, dead hands!

not alot of love for your C&C I take it...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 15, 2011, 03:28:20 PM
What substantive evidence (i.e. not found on fox news) do you have for the assertion that Obama is ideologically motivated for the redistribution of wealth?

He has already raised taxes on the non-Schumer class and proposes to do so further, while holding everyone else's taxes down.

Really, where is the bill he passed that raised these taxes?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 03:31:51 PM

Printed up in some book of federal laws by now I would imagine.  It's called Obamacare.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 15, 2011, 03:28:20 PM

I take it that you would then argue that lowering one group's contributions while keeping another groups contribution unchanged would be redistribution as well?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

I would vote for a centrist democrat, not for an ideologically motivated President bent on redistribution of wealth.

"Wurzelbacher explained that by working hard (10-12 hours a day) he was in a position to buy a business. If he bought a truck and expanded the business, he wondered if his success would be greeted by a penalty in the form of higher taxes.

"Your new tax plan is going to tax me more, isn't it?" Wurzlebacher asked.

"It's not that I want to punish your success," Obama explained. "I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance for success too. My attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody ... I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."

The common good

Spread the wealth around.  That can mean many things. It could mean a rising tide lifts all boats. But it could also mean government taking from one group of people (the people who earned it) and giving it to those who did not.

"

From Dreams of My Father: "I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

From Dreams of My Father: "There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."

From Dreams of My Father: ; "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

From Dreams of My Father: "I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, Dubois and Mandela."

From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

No real show stoppers, but the quotes definitely show an odd pattern of thinking.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 15, 2011, 03:33:58 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 03:31:51 PM

Printed up in some book of federal laws by now I would imagine.  It's called Obamacare.

I thought that was just to kill people through death panels.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 03:39:55 PM

From Dreams of My Father: "I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

From Dreams of My Father: "There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."

From Dreams of My Father: ; "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

From Dreams of My Father: "I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, Dubois and Mandela."

From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

No real show stoppers, but the quotes definitely show an odd pattern of thinking.

Sounds kinda like you taking pride in being Jewish.

Martinus

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on August 15, 2011, 03:37:28 PM
I take it that you would then argue that lowering one group's contributions while keeping another groups contribution unchanged would be redistribution as well?

Sure.  The difficulty for that argument is constructing a sentence that has Obama as the subject and lower as the verb.

DGuller

"Wurzelbacher explained that by working hard (10-12 hours a day) he was in a position to buy a business. If he bought a truck and expanded the business, he wondered if his success would be greeted by a penalty in the form of higher taxes.

"Your new tax plan is going to tax me more, isn't it?" Wurzlebacher asked.

"It's not that I want to punish your success," Obama explained. "I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance for success too. My attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody ... I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."

The common good

Spread the wealth around.  That can mean many things. It could mean a rising tide lifts all boats. But it could also mean government taking from one group of people (the people who earned it) and giving it to those who did not.

"

Did you pick out those quotes after reading the books yourself, or did you trust other people to pick the passages without presenting them out of context?

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on August 15, 2011, 12:55:50 PM
That's like asking what flesh eating bacteria would you rather be exposed to.  Of the list, I would have to go with Huntsman, because the few things I heard about him make him sound like a reasonable guy who seems to at least make an effort to not succumb to the clinically insane wing of the party.  Of course, Rudy Giuliani may also sound like a reasonable guy if you only heard a few things about him.

Yeah, from what I read about him, Huntsman seems like a perfect candidate compared to the rest of the batshit crazy freakshow.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 03:40:20 PM
I thought that was just to kill people through death panels.

It's a complicated law.  It does a lot of things.

Viking

soo.. Joe the plumber and some out of context quotes?