Which GOP Candidate would get your Vote.

Started by Viking, August 15, 2011, 12:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which GOP Candidate woudl get your vote.

Ron Paul
10 (23.3%)
Mitt Romney
10 (23.3%)
John Huntsman
7 (16.3%)
Michelle Bachman
4 (9.3%)
Sarah Palin (write in)
1 (2.3%)
Rick Per
2 (4.7%)
Newt Gingerich
1 (2.3%)
Jaron
8 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on August 15, 2011, 03:43:29 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 15, 2011, 12:55:03 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 15, 2011, 12:49:24 PM
Santorum pics wouldn't be SFW.

can you suggest pics

You know what "santorum" means in slang now, right? :P

Does anyone actually use that in slang or does is this just something someone decided was a slang term yet nobody knows?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on August 15, 2011, 03:49:07 PM
Do a google search.

Savage subsequently asked his readers to coin a definition for "santorum" which would offend the Senator, announcing the winner as "the frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_for_%22santorum%22_neologism

yet another ghey attempt to steal words from self respecting homophobes.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2011, 03:47:14 PM
Does anyone actually use that in slang or does is this just something someone decided was a slang term yet nobody knows?

There aren't really that many occaisons when the word for a mixture of man sauce and doo doo comes up in conversation.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on August 15, 2011, 03:47:09 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 03:39:55 PM

No real show stoppers, but the quotes definitely show an odd pattern of thinking.

soo.. Joe the plumber and some out of context quotes?

:lol:  I forgot that was him.  He wasn't in a position to buy a business. :lol: I could have asked Obama how his presidency would affect my bid to become emperor of the Moon, and would have been as about as honest.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 03:07:00 PM
Fuck man, whom should I vote for?

Don't listen to those guys, vote for one the Mormons.
They are from a minority religious sect that has been persecutred in the past.  The last thing they are going to do is mess around with the Jews.

meanwhile, Rick perry's idea of ecumenicalism is to lead supposedly multidenominational prayer to the Lord Jesus Christ. 

The temptation may be to think that Ron Paul isn't so bad for the Jews, but it is an illusion - he is just equally bad for everybody.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

You know, I just noticed that Viking spelled "candidate" incorrectly.

Habbaku

I think Minsky dictated his most recent post to Tim.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Habbaku on August 15, 2011, 04:43:26 PM

sorry sick and tired, no excuse, its just appealing.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 15, 2011, 04:39:43 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 03:07:00 PM
Fuck man, whom should I vote for?

meanwhile, Rick perry's idea of ecumenicalism is to lead supposedly multidenominational prayer to the Lord Jesus Christ. 

I noticed he had that anti Catholic guy, there. <_<

Fate

Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 03:39:55 PM

From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

No real show stoppers, but the quotes definitely show an odd pattern of thinking.

Manzanar was a good idea, right? It figures that a jew is the one arguing in support of concentration camps.

The actual quote:

Quote from:  Audacity of Hope
Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Ideologue

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 15, 2011, 04:45:48 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on August 15, 2011, 04:43:26 PM

sorry sick and tired, no excuse, its just appealing.
:lol:

I thought you were doing a Siege impression, with the joke being Siege doesn't usually use words like "ecumenical."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on August 15, 2011, 12:06:40 PM
The GOP primaries are approaching and to be honest, they all seem like nutbag cooks to me. But, I must ask, which of the candidates, regardless of how democratic and foreign you might be, would you like to vote for.
What's so crazy about Romney? Sure, he's a Mormon but that doesn't seem to affect his policies. He's obviously a Bush 41 style moderate desperately pretending to be a Tea Partier to get elected.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Bush was a moderate due to his core beliefs. Romney doesn't appear to have any.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?