Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 09, 2011, 04:32:49 PM

I also met Sarah Palin but let's not mention that, as I really didn't want to be there but work forced me too.
:rolleyes:
Pfft.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2011, 08:25:12 PM
David Owen was a professor of mine.  He's not for-real famous, but they pay him enough you'd think he was.  Also, one time I could've thrown my shoe at Chief Justice Toal, but would probably have missed because she's woozy on account of all the drinking.

That's all I've got.

Edit: oh wait, and I know Edward Said's kid too.  He sounds like he's doing a Jeff Goldblum impression all the time.  Nice guy, though.

Zoupa's celebrity encounter is my favorite.  He met Katsumi once. :wub:

I had lunch with Michelle Yeoh. She's really nice.

Brazen

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2011, 12:20:23 AM
So, how's London today?
Back to normal, though all the shops closed early yesterday as did my gym. When they take away my treadmill the terrorists have won! We exported the unrest to Manchester and the Midlands last night, but they're lightweights. I expect some minor looting at the weekend, then it'll be all but over. Hope it rains.

Brazen

Quote from: Tamas on August 09, 2011, 02:39:09 PM
Quote#Enfield: 100 white men, 30s-40s, sprinting along Hertford Rd. Shouts of "Get the Pakis."
less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®  Favorite  Retweet  Reply
Paul Lewis
PaulLewis

Quote#Enfield Hertford Rd witness: "They're just blokes from the pub chasing a way the black kids that been causing the trouble."
less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®  Favorite  Retweet  Reply
Paul Lewis
PaulLewis

:)
Paul Lewis got a lot of work out of the Enfield unrest. I have at times thought about contributing to the coverage, but I don't fancy the thought of a smack in the face and losing my phone.

Brazen

So Enfield was "kept safe" last night by Millwall supporters and the EDL patrolling the streets. Between chanting "En-ger-land" and "BNP" they were heard to shout "We're chasing blacks!" Helpful.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on August 10, 2011, 04:38:11 AM
So Enfield was "kept safe" last night by Millwall supporters and the EDL patrolling the streets. Between chanting "En-ger-land" and "BNP" they were heard to shout "We're chasing blacks!" Helpful.

Sounds like Britain is turning into the set up for "V for Vendetta". Lovely.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on August 10, 2011, 04:44:42 AM

Sounds like Britain is turning into the set up for "V like Vendetta". Lovely.

Sorry to break this to you but it's "Guy".

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on August 10, 2011, 04:45:56 AM

Uh, what?  :huh:

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on August 10, 2011, 04:46:59 AM
Quote from: The Brain on August 10, 2011, 04:45:56 AM

Uh, what?  :huh:

Your V for Vendetta fetish is based on a misunderstanding. It's not "Gay Fawkes".

Martinus

Brazen

Sounds like Britain is turning into the set up for "V for Vendetta". Lovely.
V for Vendetta opens with Prothero concluding a TV speech with, "No one escapes their past. No one escapes Judgment. You think he's not up there? You think he's not watching over this country? How else can you explain it? He tested us, but we came through. We did what we had to do. Islington. Enfield. I was there, I saw it all. Immigrants, Muslims, homosexuals, terrorists. Disease-ridden degenerates. They had to go. Strength through unity. Unity through faith. I'm a God-fearing Englishman and I'm goddamn proud of it!"

V artist David Lloyd was born here.

Turns out the report of racist chanting has been withdrawn and attributed to Eltham instead.

Brazen

From Reuters:
QuoteSales of baseball bats and batons have shot up more than 5,000 percent in the last 24 hours on Amazon's British website, as London suffered its worst violent unrest in decades.

Seven of the top 10 'movers and shakers' in Amazon's sports and leisure list were baseball bats of various kinds, their sales since Monday rising between 1,756 percent and 5,149 percent.

A "military police telescopic baton," described by the manufacturer as useful for "effective self-defence with extra reach," was the 110th best selling item among Amazon's sports and leisure customers, up from a ranking of 5,622 just 24 hours ago. Actual sale number of the items are not given.

Many Londoners have questioned how rioters had been able to loot and ransack shops on Monday night with impunity, with the stretched police force criticised for its inability to cope and reluctance to use heavy tactics.

The Metropolitan police have vowed "robust" action which may include rubber bullets if disorder breaks out for a fourth day on Tuesday.

Amazon UK could not immediately be reached for comment.

Richard Hakluyt

Indeed, V for Vendetta is very much about modern England.