Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Martim Silva on August 08, 2011, 07:51:23 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 08, 2011, 07:33:01 PM
This looks more like Generation Playstation tries to emulate the Luftwaffe.

In your opinion, what is worse for London:

a) a Luftwaffe raid,

or

b) a nigga with a Blackberry

Whichever one the RAF won't shoot at.

:)

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on August 09, 2011, 05:26:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 09, 2011, 04:32:49 PM

I shook Dan Quayle's hand back in the day. Me > You.

I also met Sarah Palin but let's not mention that, as I really didn't want to be there but work forced me too.

I can beat that, I met Dukakis.

I went to college with a guy who went on to play more than a dozen years in the NBA.

You guys should be able to figure out who, if I haven't already mentioned this before.

Razgovory

In middle school I got beaten up by a guy who is now playing for the Tennessee Titans.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

I think the best I can do is that an old friend of mine is Bill Paxton's, the actor, cousin and he brought him the house by one afternoon back in '91 or '92.  At that point he was just Chet from Weird Science because that was the only thing he had done by then, he did pretty well for himself starting not long after that.

Ideologue

David Owen was a professor of mine.  He's not for-real famous, but they pay him enough you'd think he was.  Also, one time I could've thrown my shoe at Chief Justice Toal, but would probably have missed because she's woozy on account of all the drinking.

That's all I've got.

Edit: oh wait, and I know Edward Said's kid too.  He sounds like he's doing a Jeff Goldblum impression all the time.  Nice guy, though.

Zoupa's celebrity encounter is my favorite.  He met Katsumi once. :wub:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

You meet all sorts of politicians here in Jefferson City.  A former Governor once came over to my house to help his girlfriend babysit me.  He was still in high school at the time.  Terrible Gov as well.  So bad he didn't even try to run for a second term.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Aliens was in 1986.  Bill Paxton was awesome forever after that.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Quote from: Neil on August 09, 2011, 08:28:16 PM

He played... that jittery, cowardly marine yes?  The one Rippley continuously grabbed back into reality.  The one Vasquez wondered if he'd ever been mistaken for a man?

Strangely enough I remember it for the treasure hunter in Titanic.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

DontSayBanana

Best one I've got is that Clarence Clemens had a beachfront condo down the street from my great-grandmother's and showed up at a big Christmas party.

I've also got James Doohan and Michael Dorn stories, but those depend on whether convention meets count.
Experience bij!

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on August 09, 2011, 08:37:40 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 09, 2011, 08:28:16 PM
He played... that jittery, cowardly marine yes?  The one Rippley continuously grabbed back into reality.  The one Vasquez wondered if he'd ever been mistaken for a man?

Strangely enough I remember it for the treasure hunter in Titanic.
I prefer to remember him as the one that was hyper-brave on the drop ship.

"We got nukes, knives, sharp sticks..."
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

I got your Captain Britain reference, Neil.  These guys are culturally illiterate.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2011, 09:16:02 PM
I got your Captain Britain reference, Neil.  These guys are culturally illiterate.

Well, sure, some of us have read Excalibur, but would Claremont have really gotten the quality threadjacking we just got? :P
Experience bij!

Ideologue

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 09, 2011, 09:21:25 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2011, 09:16:02 PM

Well, sure, some of us have read Excalibur, but would Claremont have really gotten the quality threadjacking we just got? :P

Chris Claremont's belief that you can recite the Iliad while punching someone in the face is arguably more amusing than Benny Hill.
Kinemalogue

DontSayBanana

Touche, but on the other hand, the Braddock siblings are almost as bad as Jean Grey and Madeline Pryor as far as dysfunctional families are concerned.  Not to mention Rachel Summers. :contract:
Experience bij!

Razgovory