Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on August 08, 2011, 03:20:17 PM
Quote from: Martinus on August 08, 2011, 03:18:21 PM
I don't know where you have been looking, but surely not the European statistical agency which is the only credible source on this:

http://sdw.ecb.europa.eu/quickview.do?SERIES_KEY=132.STS.M.PL.S.UNEH.RTT000.4.000

But that's still a lot worse than 7.2%, which was my point. :P

We don't have sharia law. :P

Brazen

Fuck me, Croydon's ablaze. It's more destructive than the 80s riots but thankfully less murderous. I've actually identified what I need to grab if I have to leave a hurry.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on August 08, 2011, 03:22:50 PM
Fuck me, Croydon's ablaze. It's more destructive than the 80s riots but thankfully less murderous. I've actually identified what I need to grab if I have to leave a hurry.

Jesus.

Brazen

There's a very sensible piece of advice being repeated by politicians, police and community leaders - call your kids, your younger siblings, your niece you nephew. Find out where they are. Bring them home.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on August 08, 2011, 03:22:50 PM

So far. 

Yeah, that big blaze in Croydon looks bad, the heat and flames setting nearby buildings on fire.

Stay safe.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

I was going to continue the mindless 'my country is betetr than yours' with Marti, but it's sounding a bit too serious for Brazen, so I'll cut it out.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on August 08, 2011, 03:29:51 PM
There's a very sending piece of advice being repeated by politicians, police and community leaders - call your kids, your younger siblings, your niece you nephew. Find out where they are. Bring them home.

Time for an afternoon and evening capital wide curfew to be imposed upon all 16year olds and younger ? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

Croydons ablaze.. having been there I gotta say, it's probably an improvement.

But, seriously... this is all about a rejection of the authority of the state by a minority that the state has gone out of it's way to create and coddle.

if ABB has TV or the internet he is laughing, but is slightly confused that these al-shabab aren't muslims.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Slargos

There is no incongruity here. These people have been thoroughly multiculturalized. ABB never stipulated race as the root problem.

Brazen

Quote from: mongers on August 08, 2011, 03:31:53 PM
Time for an afternoon and evening capital wide curfew to be imposed upon all 16year olds and younger ? :unsure:
Yes, just discussing that with my dad. Rubber bullets and water cannons wouldn't hurt either.

Brazen

Quote from: Viking on August 08, 2011, 03:36:46 PM
But, seriously... this is all about a rejection of the authority of the state by a minority that the state has gone out of it's way to create and coddle.
No, it's a culture of entitlement.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on August 08, 2011, 03:57:38 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 08, 2011, 03:31:53 PM
Yes, just discussing that with my dad. Rubber bullets and water cannons wouldn't hurt either.

I read an interesting editorial in the Guardian, where the author claimed this is a result of the police effectively abdicating control over the "rough neighborhoods" by refusing to engage in good old fashioned crime prevention there.

Your politicians and policemen should really read some books about Sam Vimes.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

ABB is a Swedish engineering company.

Martinus

QuoteTottenham violence is a wake-up call for the police

John O'Connor
guardian.co.uk,    Monday 8 August 2011 18.30 BST

The Metropolitan police have taken the easy option by replacing proper law enforcement with courtesy cops in 'no-go areas'

It is highly unlikely that foreign police agencies will ever again turn to Scotland Yard for advice on public order. Contingency plans and public order training were vividly exposed as inadequate during the riots in London over the past few days. In Tottenham on Saturday night, there did not appear to be a coherent plan of action and in the ensuing turmoil it was extremely lucky that nobody was seriously hurt or killed in the burning buildings.

The police were not up against armed terrorists; apart from a hardcore of meat-eaters, who were probably inspired by an anarchist agenda, the rest were grass-eaters, feeding like jackals on the remains of looted shops.

Since the Broadwater Farm riots 26 years ago, the police have largely abandoned proactive policing – which involves sending plainclothes officers out to catch criminals in the act – in what are deemed sensitive areas. Any law enforcement in these areas is treated with a simmering resentment which quickly erupts into violence. The easy option for the police has been to designate them as "no-go areas", effectively abandoning the silent majority to a life of misery under the threat of violence and crime. Crime is going down, says the Home Office – but tell that to the residents of some of these estates. These people have no voice. The best the police can offer is a sergeant, a constable and two police community support officers. It's called "the neighbourhood policing team". We have replaced law enforcement with courtesy cops. Cuts to policing are evident in the mere fact that visible, proactive patrols don't exist any more.

Valiant efforts have been made by the police to form partnerships with other agencies and community leaders, but does anybody in their right mind believe that lawless gangs can be persuaded by people of good intentions to live a fulfilled life? Just living in an area does not make you a member of that community. And allegations of institutional racism look lame when you consider the multiracial makeup of these feckless gangsters.

The events of the past few days should serve as a wake-up call for the police, especially with the Olympics just round the corner. They need to revise their tactics and obtain the right equipment to enable them to quickly gain control in public order situations.

As for the Bullingdon boys: where were they? None of them could be bothered to return from their holidays, and we have hardly heard a peep from them, apart from the usual platitudes of "mindless violence" etc. The mayor of London, Boris Johnson, was slow to respond to demands he come back and show support for a police force that does not have a commissioner. Even the deputy commissioner has not been seen and one would have thought this would be a good opportunity to cement his claim for the top job. Our so-called leaders have not shown the dedication and duty expected. The public are entitled to expect leadership and reassurance: they got nothing.