Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palisadoes

Spreading to Birmingham and Leeds now apparently. The Chav Spring is upon us!

garbon

Quote from: Palisadoes on August 08, 2011, 01:55:27 PM

The Plaid Revolution?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Palisadoes

Malthus

Quote from: Palisadoes on August 08, 2011, 01:55:27 PM

The Rise of the Planet of the Chavs.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

There don't seem to be enough police deployed on the streets, given the instances of arson that are taking place I'm surprised at the softly, softly approached adopted towards such serious and life threatening crime. 

Time for the police to start breaking a few skulls and if they don't have the manpower to intervene, I'd like to see baton rounds used to deter these rioters and reclaim the streets from them.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on August 08, 2011, 02:34:17 PM
There don't seem to be enough police deployed on the streets, given the instances of arson that are taking place I'm surprised at the softly, softly approached adopted towards such serious and life threatening crime. 

Time for the police to start breaking a few skulls and if they don't have the manpower to intervene, I'd like to see baton rounds used to deter these rioters and reclaim the streets from them.

GIven how it all started over an allegation of "police brutality" I'm not surprised at all.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Richard Hakluyt

They keep on calling it "mindless violence"  :hmm:

In the absence of any moral concerns it seems far from mindless to me given the police response. One can have a thoruoghly entertaining evening rioting and get some new consumer electronics, with only a mild risk of a slapped wrist from the plod.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on August 08, 2011, 02:44:46 PM

GIven how it all started over an allegation of "police brutality" I'm not surprised at all.

Yes, but passivity in the face of these riots enables more crimes to be committed,than if a more robust tactics were used.

I see little point the police saying they're photographing troublemakers and that they'll be brought to book later, if in the meantime these miscreants can make hay.

If this carries on much longer we could well be getting a story along the lines of "a hard working immigrant family were trapped and burnt to death in their flat above a looted shop".
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

QuoteWEST ALLIS - Witnesses tell Newsradio 620 WTMJ and TODAY'S TMJ4 of a mob of young people attacking innocent fair-goers at the end of the opening night of State Fair, with some callers claiming a racially-charged scene.

Witnesses' accounts claim everything from dozens to hundreds of young black people beating white people as they left State Fair Thursday night.

With a 4% economy growth in 2011, an unemployment rate lower than that of the US, no blacks, no muslims, no riots and a centrist moderate party in power, I'm starting to agree with you guys who always claimed that Poland is not really a part of the West. We are nothing like you, guys. :hug:

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on August 08, 2011, 02:52:10 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 08, 2011, 02:44:46 PM

Yes, but passivity in the face of these riots enables more crimes to be committed,than if a more robust tactics were used.

I see little point the police saying they're photographing troublemakers and that they'll be brought to book later, if in the meantime these miscreants can make hay.

If this carries on much longer we could well be getting a story along the lines of "a hard working immigrant family were trapped and burnt to death in their flat above a looted shop".

Remember who you are talking to - I have no problem with 'robust police tactics'. :menace:

But as a dispassionate observer, I can tell you I'm not surprised the police are being a bit more hands off.

You know at first this reminded me a lot of the Vancouver riot - a lot of lower to middle class kids using any excuse to loot and riot "for the lulz".  But after that night of rioting in Vancouver the rest of the city seemed to come together, tried to clean up / help out, and to catch those responsible.

I'm really surprised this is allowed to start again the following night.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on August 08, 2011, 02:54:43 PM
QuoteWEST ALLIS - Witnesses tell Newsradio 620 WTMJ and TODAY'S TMJ4 of a mob of young people attacking innocent fair-goers at the end of the opening night of State Fair, with some callers claiming a racially-charged scene.

Witnesses' accounts claim everything from dozens to hundreds of young black people beating white people as they left State Fair Thursday night.

With a 4% economy growth in 2011, an unemployment rate lower than that of the US, no blacks, no muslims, no riots and a centrist moderate party in power, I'm starting to agree with you guys who always claimed that Poland is not really a part of the West. We are nothing like you, guys. :hug:

Poland's unemployment rate? You claimed 9%, best I can find online is 11.8%, but in any event:

Canada's unemployment rate is 7.2%

4% economic growth?  We grew at an annual rate of 5.8% in first quarter, 2% second quarter.

Thankfully we HAVE blacks and muslims (and Chinese, and south asians, and natives, and everyone else) who don't feel the need to riot unless somebody loses a hockey game, and a centre right governing power.

:cool:

Martinus

I don't know where you have been looking, but surely not the European statistical agency which is the only credible source on this:

http://sdw.ecb.europa.eu/quickview.do?SERIES_KEY=132.STS.M.PL.S.UNEH.RTT000.4.000

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on August 08, 2011, 03:18:21 PM
I don't know where you have been looking, but surely not the European statistical agency which is the only credible source on this:

http://sdw.ecb.europa.eu/quickview.do?SERIES_KEY=132.STS.M.PL.S.UNEH.RTT000.4.000

But that's still a lot worse than 7.2%, which was my point. :P