Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Slargos on July 24, 2011, 04:00:10 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2011, 03:58:05 PM
Slargos, you're really irking my sensibilities with your shenanigans in this thread.

Far be it for me to tickle your dingle berries, Seedy.

I'm done, anyway. I don't see how this is going to develop any further before it's time for a new thread.

That's good.  It is unfortunate that, in light of all this horror, you've decided to carry on with all your "WELL HE HAD A POINT TEHY DESERVED IT IN A WAY"post-game analysis bullshit.

I fear the voices may command me to ban your moron ass soon. 

Don't worry, it's not you.  Well, yeah it is.  You've managed--if I may paraphrase White Zombie--to be More Slargos Than Slargos with this. 

The SS Wiking-wannabe schtick you've attempted to develop these last several months in an effort to fashion some semblance of a personality for yourself was amusing in a Hortlund-abandons-babies kinda way months ago, but now it's simply exhausting to read.*

And that's saying something.

*I mean, it would be much more interesting if you were, like, a pissed-off German or something relevant, but you're not.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 24, 2011, 04:08:52 PM
If Martin Bashir is the result of race-mixing in the UK, you people are fucked. Then you people send him over here. BAD BRITS.  :mad:

I'll see your Martin Bashir and counter with Neela Rasgotra, MD. 

Richard Hakluyt

I can't even recall who Martin Bashir is  :hmm:

I'll take your word for it though and praise the lord that he is off seeking the almighty dollar  :D

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2011, 04:14:44 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 24, 2011, 04:08:52 PM
If Martin Bashir is the result of race-mixing in the UK, you people are fucked. Then you people send him over here. BAD BRITS.  :mad:

I'll see your Martin Bashir and counter with Neela Rasgotra, MD.

*checks google*

You win this round.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Slargos

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2011, 04:11:57 PM

That's good.  It is unfortunate that, in light of all this horror, you've decided to carry on with all your "WELL HE HAD A POINT TEHY DESERVED IT IN A WAY"post-game analysis bullshit.

Fucks sakes man, that's not what I said. I said that some of the observations he makes in his "manifesto" are quite apt, and considering the way he thinks the act itself is completely rational. The reason some of his observations are good, is mostly because they're not HIS observations.

By writing this guy off as a lone madman, you're effectively throwing your hands in the air and going "Well shucks, nothing we could've done".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 24, 2011, 04:17:21 PM
I can't even recall who Martin Bashir is  :hmm:

I'll take your word for it though and praise the lord that he is off seeking the almighty dollar  :D

Member of the Lamestream Media(tm).

Naturally, as he does not suck Murdoch cock, he is a devout communist and anti-American hater, determined to destroy America with all the power, faith and credit he can muster from his sinister lair at NBC News.

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on July 24, 2011, 04:21:16 PM

Fucks sakes man, that's not what I said. I said that some of the observations he makes in his "manifesto" are quite apt, and considering the way he thinks the act itself is completely rational. The reason some of his observations are good, is mostly because they're not HIS observations.

By writing this guy off as a lone madman, you're effectively throwing your hands in the air and going "Well shucks, nothing we could've done".

How is doing "what we could have done" different from Spain pulling out of the anti-islamist coalition after getting its metro bombed?

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on July 24, 2011, 04:24:50 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 24, 2011, 04:21:16 PM

How is doing "what we could have done" different from Spain pulling out of the anti-islamist coalition after getting its metro bombed?

I don't see what one has to do with the other. If the bombings in Spain were performed by crazed madmen with the only motive being getting their pictures in the paper, why pull out of the coalition?

If the Utöya murderer is just a crazy person, what's to be learned other than that we need to put him away for a very long time?

I think it's dangerous and stupid to write him off like that. THAT IS ALL THAT I AM SAYING.

So fuck it. Go ahead and ban me you nearsighted cunt.

Martinus

You are essentially arguing that Norway should respond to the act of terror by accommodating the terrorist and his political brethren. I find it both foolish and morally repugnant.

You are no different than the people who, in the wake of 911, argued that America should change its evil ways or more tragedies like this will happen.

Instead, America got down and kicked the ass of the islamists - and lo and behold, it didn't have any major terrorist act ever since.

Norway should do the same, and kick the ass of radical nationalists.

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on July 24, 2011, 04:31:22 PM
You are essentially arguing that Norway should respond to the act of terror by accommodating the terrorist and his political brethren. I find it both foolish and morally repugnant.

Not in the slightest. But pretending like he's "just a crackpot" is moronic.

The mechanics in our society which provoked this course of action are very real, and unless we take a long hard look at ourselves, I don't think this is going to be the last one.

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on July 24, 2011, 04:32:29 PM

No, he is not just a crackpot. He is one of hundreds, perhaps thousands of crackpots who think like him. They should all be put away.

Slargos

You are no different than the people who, in the wake of 911, argued that America should change its evil ways or more tragedies like this will happen.

Instead, America got down and kicked the ass of the islamists - and lo and behold, it didn't have any major terrorist act ever since.

Norway should do the same, and kick the ass of radical nationalists.

I guess you can always solve it like the Polish did, huh?

Martinus

The mechanics in our society which provoked this course of action are very real, and unless we take a long hard look at ourselves, I don't think this is going to be the last one.

Of course not. Apparently Norway made a mistake by allowing such idiot to bring his plan to fruition for 9 years without reacting to his bullshit. It should learn to pick out such people before they go on a killing rampage, and neutralize them.

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on July 24, 2011, 04:34:06 PM

No, he is not just a crackpot. He is one of hundreds, perhaps thousands of crackpots who think like him. They should all be put away.

And these people are your neighbours, co-workers, friends and family. You're not going to get rid of them by declaring another "War on X".

Richard Hakluyt

What is interesting, imo, is that lots of people think like him and do nothing..............they obey the law. I see no reason for jailing all crackpots.............the 20% incarceration rate would be far too expensive apart from anything else.