News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kerbal Space Program

Started by Ed Anger, July 14, 2011, 08:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Design spacecraft and try to launch them into orbit. Watch as your piss poor design hits the ground killing your astronauts.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/ (alpha)

or a youtube with silly launches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJM-j8PLW-c
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

This should keep Tim away from Languish for at least several hours.  Good show.

Ed Anger

I made the Iranian space program. The parachute deployed in the boost phase.

Razgovory

Makes me wonder.  How much kinetic energy would a shuttle have if it was coming out of orbit and in to the atmosphere.  Say it hit a building or something.  I wonder what kind of boom you'd get.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I wish my rocket wouldn't start going end over end.  That's really annoying.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on July 15, 2011, 06:35:47 AM
I wish my rocket wouldn't start going end over end.  That's really annoying.
It just requires a bit of guidance is all.

I got 300 km up with a pretty simple rocket.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Yeah, I got pretty high on my first try.  A more complex rocket causes some problems.  I had one fall over, some blow up Redstone style, some end over end.  It's a pretty neat little simulator.

Neil

Using the triple-split in your stack is fun, as your rocket starts to try and pinwheel apart on liftoff. 
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

My problem is I don't know how to steer.

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on July 15, 2011, 01:35:37 PM
My problem is I don't know how to steer.
Just don't oversteer.  If your rocket goes too far off course, it's game over.

Ed Anger

I noticed that SAS module helps. just press 'F' when the thing starts to tumble.

Or press 'T' to turn it on and forget about it.

Ed Anger

Something Awful forums, never change.  :lol:

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

I like how Jeb just chills until he's most definitely about to die, while Bill and Bob freak out about the smallest things.

Ed Anger

I got the FUK-I rocket up to 400,000m (my best). FUK-II exploded at 8,000m. Whoops.