Next Period to be Covered by a Paradox Strategy Game?

Started by Queequeg, April 14, 2014, 08:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What period or time in history would you want to see covered in the next Paradox game?

Neolithic-Chalcolithic
0 (0%)
Bronze Age
2 (7.7%)
Early Iron Age General
1 (3.8%)
Classical Greece
5 (19.2%)
Hellenistic
5 (19.2%)
Roman Empire
7 (26.9%)
New Game on Dark AGes
2 (7.7%)
CK3
0 (0%)
EUV
0 (0%)
Victoria III
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

celedhring

I still play classic Civ from time to time, for old times' sake. It's pretty fun and the base gameplay holds up well, I believe.

Norgy

Quote from: Barrister on April 15, 2014, 10:41:47 AM
Quote from: celedhring on April 15, 2014, 04:55:20 AM
I'd love a CK-like game that covered the Hellenistic period through the fall of the Roman Empire. However, the "never will happen" game of my dreams would be one set in the Late Bronze-Iron ages. Playing the Assyrians  :wub:

Ever play the old Avalon Hill board game Civilization?

There's a fun game to be had in that time period.

There was a Gods and Kings mod for Civ 5 called Anno Domini that was superb. I am waiting for the Brave New World update of it.
http://www.annodomini.org.uk/

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on April 16, 2014, 09:54:30 AM
I voted Bronze Age, but you know, I'd actually like to see a 4x space game come from them.

I thought Incan torpedo boats was bad. Space Sumerians would blow IMHO.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

I voted Bronze Age, but you know, I'd actually like to see a 4x space game come from them.

Ditto.

Barrister

Quote from: Iormlund on April 16, 2014, 01:08:27 PM

Ditto.

I dunno - there are a decent number of space 4x games out there these days.

Hardly anybody makes historical games like Paradox does.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

I was thinking their experiment in randomly generated maps for the EUIV expansion might be the test for a space themed grand strategy game.

I would really like to see that myself.  A lot of their game mechanics are good, they just fall apart when compared to what we already know happened in real life.  In a game with no base for comparison they might work much better.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: sbr on April 16, 2014, 03:54:28 PM

I was thinking their experiment in randomly generated maps for the EUIV expansion might be the test for a space themed grand strategy game.

I would really like to see that myself.  A lot of their game mechanics are good, they just fall apart when compared to what we already know happened in real life.  In a game with no base for comparison they might work much better.

Personally, I haven't seen a 4X space game I liked since MOO2, so I wouldn't mind Paradox taking a crack at one.  But while I agree with the sentiment that a lot of their mechanics are good, I kind of think that 4X space games work best as turn-based, and Johann has too much of a hard-on for RTS to go that route.

sbr

mongers

Quote from: Norgy on April 16, 2014, 11:55:49 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 15, 2014, 10:41:47 AM
Quote from: celedhring on April 15, 2014, 04:55:20 AM
I'd love a CK-like game that covered the Hellenistic period through the fall of the Roman Empire. However, the "never will happen" game of my dreams would be one set in the Late Bronze-Iron ages. Playing the Assyrians  :wub:

Ever play the old Avalon Hill board game Civilization?

There's a fun game to be had in that time period.

There was a Gods and Kings mod for Civ 5 called Anno Domini that was superb. I am waiting for the Brave New World update of it.
http://www.annodomini.org.uk/

Wow, why did I not know about this.

Excellent link, thanks Norgy :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"